Slovakia To Supply Gas to Ukraine in September
A pipeline to transport gas to Ukraine via Slovakia should be ready for pumping at full capacity starting in September, the head of Slovakia's pipeline operator said.
"With 90 to 95% probability, we should be able to ship 8 to 10 B cubic metres per year already as of 1 September, depending that certain technical preconditions are met on both the Slovak and Ukrainian side," Tom?? Mare?ek, chairman of Eustream, the Slovak pipeline operator, said on Monday, quoted by Euractiv.
EU member Slovakia, and Ukraine, signed a deal at the end of April that allows the European Union to send a limited amount of gas to Ukraine - but less than Kyiv had hoped for, in order to cushion the blow, should Russia turn off the gas.
- » Gazprom Changes Policy Over Natural Gas Deliveries to Bulgaria
- » Gazprom Vows to Let Clients Renegotiate Natural Gas Prices
- » Reactors for Belene NPP To Arrive Under Enhanced Security Measures
- » Bulgaria Has 7 Weeks To Respond to Gazprom
- » Gazprom To Adhere to EU Competition Rules
- » Russia Ready to Attract Investor for Bulgaria's Belene N-Plant - Ambassador