Slovakia To Supply Gas to Ukraine in September
A pipeline to transport gas to Ukraine via Slovakia should be ready for pumping at full capacity starting in September, the head of Slovakia's pipeline operator said.
"With 90 to 95% probability, we should be able to ship 8 to 10 B cubic metres per year already as of 1 September, depending that certain technical preconditions are met on both the Slovak and Ukrainian side," Tom?? Mare?ek, chairman of Eustream, the Slovak pipeline operator, said on Monday, quoted by Euractiv.
EU member Slovakia, and Ukraine, signed a deal at the end of April that allows the European Union to send a limited amount of gas to Ukraine - but less than Kyiv had hoped for, in order to cushion the blow, should Russia turn off the gas.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik