Luis Enrique Named New Barcelona Coach
Luis Enrique will be FC Barcelona's new coach, starting in the summer, the club revealed.
The former Barcelona player will take over from Gerardo Martino, who struggled in his first season at the team and will not have his contract renewed.
Luis Enrique played 207 games for the Catalan club between 1996 – 2004. He also coached the Barcelona B team 2008 – 2011. The 44-year-old then went on to lead Roma and Celta Vigo.
Barcelona have struggled this season, losing the Spanish league title in the last match of the season to Atletico Madrid and faltering to the same opponent in the Champions League quarterfinals.
With Enrique's employment, the club decides to return to a proven model of allowing its former players to take the helm at a rather early managerial stage. This was the case with Pep Guardiola, who went on to become one of the most successful coaches in the team's history.
- » Klitschko Hit Pulev With Force Equalling 450 Kg
- » Serbian Basketball Fan Stabbed to Death in Istanbul
- » Schumacher Paralysed - With Speech, Memory Problems
- » Bulgarian Football Union Dismisses Head Coach
- » Russian Promoter Calls Police to Investigate Klitschko's gloves
- » Kubrat Pulev: Klitscko Does Not Deserve My Respect