Luis Enrique Named New Barcelona Coach
Luis Enrique will be FC Barcelona's new coach, starting in the summer, the club revealed.
The former Barcelona player will take over from Gerardo Martino, who struggled in his first season at the team and will not have his contract renewed.
Luis Enrique played 207 games for the Catalan club between 1996 – 2004. He also coached the Barcelona B team 2008 – 2011. The 44-year-old then went on to lead Roma and Celta Vigo.
Barcelona have struggled this season, losing the Spanish league title in the last match of the season to Atletico Madrid and faltering to the same opponent in the Champions League quarterfinals.
With Enrique's employment, the club decides to return to a proven model of allowing its former players to take the helm at a rather early managerial stage. This was the case with Pep Guardiola, who went on to become one of the most successful coaches in the team's history.
- » Grigor Dimitrov will Go Out for the Quarterfinals at the Australian Open on Tuesday
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time