Bulgarian PM Oresharski to Meet Counterpart Netanyahu in Israel
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski is due to meet his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday, the second day of his visit to the country.`
Economic ties between Sofia and Tel Aviv and the fight against terrorism are among the main issues to be discussed during their talks.
No specific details have been disclosed around their meeting.
Prime Minister Oresharski, however, is accompanied in Israel by a business delegation involving representatives of agriculture, food production, IT and tourism sectors and is expecting to secure bilateral deals.
The two leaders are also to have a dinner on Tuesday evening, when they will be joined by their partners.
The government's press office explained such events honoring foreign leaders were rather uncommon in Israel.
A meeting with the Patriarch of Jerusalem, Teophilos III, is also on Oresharski's agenda.
He is to visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem as well.
On Monday, Oresharski met relatives of the victims of the Burgas bus bombing which left seven people dead on July 18, 2012. Five of those killed in the terror attack were Israeli tourists.
He announced there was progress in the investigation into the act, even though he did not elaborate further.
Oresharski also met business representatives from different economic areas to discuss the prospects of bilateral cooperation.
With Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin, who accompanies him on his trip, he visited Israel Aerospace Industries, Israel's biggest state company developing military and commercial aerospace technology.
- » Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia Establish Craiova Group for Cooperation
- » Bulgarian President Calls on Balkans to Guarantee Stability of Investors
- » President Plevneliev Vows Bulgaria Will Assist BiH on Road to EU
- » President: Bulgaria's KFOR Troops 'Making History' in Kosovo
- » US Expresses Support for Bulgarian Constitution Amendments
- » Bulgaria’s President to Visit Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina on April 21-23