Sofia's Public Transport Tests Electric Bus
Sofia's public transport started tests of the of first electric bus in the city.
It can run without batteries using a cutting edge ultra-capacitor technology and can travel 20 km with a single charge. The charging itself takes several minutes.
“This is the first electric bus in the Sofia public transport ever,” Sofia Mayor Yirdanka Fandukova said at the launching ceremony on Friday. “This pilot project allows the manufacturers to test the bus, and the municipality expects to see the results in order to plan further its investment in green transport.”
The bus will run along the line 11 of the trolley busses for nine months.
The vehicle is a result of the collaboration between Israeli-Bulgarian bus company Chariot Motors, China's second largest bus manufacturer Higer and China's world-leading ultra-capacitor producer Aowei.
Zwika Zimmerman, Chairman of the Board of Chariot Motors, said at the launching ceremony this is the first electric bus on European streets of the kind using ultra-capacitor technology.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » The Temperatures Go Up