Sofia's Public Transport Tests Electric Bus
Sofia's public transport started tests of the of first electric bus in the city.
It can run without batteries using a cutting edge ultra-capacitor technology and can travel 20 km with a single charge. The charging itself takes several minutes.
“This is the first electric bus in the Sofia public transport ever,” Sofia Mayor Yirdanka Fandukova said at the launching ceremony on Friday. “This pilot project allows the manufacturers to test the bus, and the municipality expects to see the results in order to plan further its investment in green transport.”
The bus will run along the line 11 of the trolley busses for nine months.
The vehicle is a result of the collaboration between Israeli-Bulgarian bus company Chariot Motors, China's second largest bus manufacturer Higer and China's world-leading ultra-capacitor producer Aowei.
Zwika Zimmerman, Chairman of the Board of Chariot Motors, said at the launching ceremony this is the first electric bus on European streets of the kind using ultra-capacitor technology.
- » Tropical Storm Brings Flooding to Philippines
- » Contaminated Air has a Detrimental Effect on Adolescent Psyche
- » Fourth Quarter in the Capital Protests Against the Air Pollution
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 13-18°C
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Scientists Found Microorganisms in Antarctica that were Thought to be Unable to Live on Earth