Bulgaria's Production in Construction on the Rise – Eurostat
In March 2014 compared with February 2014, seasonally adjusted production in the construction sector fell by 0.6 % in the euro area and by 0.5% in the EU.
According to the first estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union, in February 2014 production in construction rose by 0.4 % and 0.5 % respectively. In March 2014 compared with March 2013 production in construction increased by 5.2% in the euro area and by 5.3% in the EU, while for Bulgaria the raise was by 4.7%.
The decrease of 0.6% in production in construction in the euro area in March 2014, compared with February 201 4, is due to building construction falling by 0.7 % and civil engineering by 0.6 %.
In the EU, the decrease of 0.5% is due to building construction falling by 0.6 % and civil engineering by 0.3%. The largest decreases in production in construction were observed in Portugal (-3.0 %), the Netherlands (-2.6%) and Germany (-2.2%), and the highest increases in Romania (+10.3%), Slovenia (+8.9%) and Italy (+1.9%).
The increase of 5.2% in production in construction in the euro area in March 2014, compared with March 2013, is due to building construction rising by 5.0 % and civil engineering by 6.3%. In the EU, the increase of 5.3 % is due to building construction rising by 5.4 % and civil engineering by 4.3% .
The highest increases in production in construction were registered in Slovenia (+ 44.9 %), Hungary (+34.1 %), Spain (+19.1%) and Poland (+18.4%), and the largest decreases in Portugal (-13.8%), Sweden (-2.8%) and Italy (-1.4%).
- » Foreign Ministers of Serbia, Hungary Cite South Stream as Project of Mutual Interest
- » Bulgaria’s Advance Properties Acquires 100% Stake in Pharmaceutical Co Huvepharma
- » President Plevneliev Invites Polish Businesses to Invest in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria C-Bank Governor 'Likely to Resign end-November'
- » Bulgaria Plans to Reintroduce 10% Bank Deposit Interest Tax
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Expects 4-5% Growth This Winter