Inspectors Shut Down the Catering Company of Presidency, Parliament
The Bulgarian Food Safety Agency shut down the catering company, that provides food to the Presidency and Parliament, said the agency head Plamen Mollov.
The reason is serious violations of safety procedures for food preparation, catering and lack of systems for control.
The inspection was carried out after a signal from a “secret agent”.
The facility of the company in the Presidency, which provides cooked meals, salads and fresh fruit and vegetables was shut down.
“Each food, for which lack safety guarantees, is considered dangerous,” Mollov told Bulgarian-language media. “Food safety cannot be guaranteed when there is no control system. By law in such cases the facilities are closed, until the violations are rectified.”
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Picks 2 Local, 2 Int'l Banks for Bridge Loan
- » EU Commission Allows Bulgaria to Use EU Funds for Sofia Tech Park
- » Holders of Guaranteed Deposits in Bulgaria's KTB Number 255 000
- » State Aid to FIB in Line with EU Rules, Commission Says
- » Finance Ministry To Present Draft Budget Report
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 7-Year Issue of EUR-Denominated Govt Securities
I said the same thing in the 90's. It didn't happen then and it is not going to happen now. Folks leave and come back for a month visit, bitch and moan, then go back to there new home in another country. I mostly said it about dogs, smoking, parking, driving and aesthetics. Food was good then.
All Bulgarian food is only fit for pigs.Quality does not exist in most retail food outlets. They get away with it because most Bulgarians don't know what real quality is.
The situation will improve as more and more Bulgarians go to work in the west and then return.Then and only then,will people start to realise how bad it is here and they will start to complain.