Bulgaria to Attract 9 M Foreign Tourists Annually by 2020
Bulgaria will welcome some 9 million foreign tourists annually by 2020, and their number is expected to reach 12 million in the following 10 years.
This is stipulated in the National Strategy for Sustainable Tourism Development 2030, which was adopted by the Cabinet. According to expert analyses, Bulgaria is attractive to foreigners for its cultural, spa and mountain tourism. The state will also work for the development of religious, wine and eco tourism, Deputy Economy Minister Branimir Botev explained.
"All analyzes show that Bulgaria has a great chance of becoming a popular tourist destination, and the industry revenue may increase by at least 30-40% in the next 15 years," Branimir Botev said as cited by Standart news.
The Government will allocate BGN 10M for advertising Bulgaria as a tourist destination.
- » Bulgaria To Create E-Registry of Its Tourist Destinations
- » Trips by Bulgarians Abroad Dip in October, Foreigners’ Visits Rise
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Invites Deputy to Resign
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Plans Focus on Advertisement, Sustainable Development in 2015
- » Bulgaria to Negotiate Easing of Visa Regime for Balkan Tourists
- » Bansko Declared Bulgaria’s Best Winter Resort in 2014 World Ski Awards