Crime Rate in Bulgaria Drops
Crime rate in Bulgaria between January and April dropped by 12.4% year-on-year, said Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, quoted by the BTA wire service.
In the same period the number of solved crimes increased by 4.8%.
The increased gendarmerie presence in the small towns and villages, according to him, was effective and will remain for the time being.
Yovchev also said the ministry has prepared for securing a safe tourist season and has discussed the measures with the ambassadors of the countries whose citizens are most numerous visitors.
According to Yovchev, the country was ready for a new refugee influx and the construction of the fence at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey was encumbered by the rough terrain and the bad weather.
- » Deputy Mayor of Bulgaria’s Saedinenie Charged with Embezzlement
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Strips Four MPs of Immunity
- » Bulgaria's Border Police Arrests 41 Syrians At Crossing With Romania
- » Bulgarian ex-IntMin Tsvetan Tsvetanov Gives Up Immunity
- » Bulgaria's Police Seizes 112 kg Of Heroin
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor Asks Parliament to Strip 5 MPs of Immunity