Crime Rate in Bulgaria Drops
Crime rate in Bulgaria between January and April dropped by 12.4% year-on-year, said Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, quoted by the BTA wire service.
In the same period the number of solved crimes increased by 4.8%.
The increased gendarmerie presence in the small towns and villages, according to him, was effective and will remain for the time being.
Yovchev also said the ministry has prepared for securing a safe tourist season and has discussed the measures with the ambassadors of the countries whose citizens are most numerous visitors.
According to Yovchev, the country was ready for a new refugee influx and the construction of the fence at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey was encumbered by the rough terrain and the bad weather.
- » GERB MP Agrees to Have Immunity Lifted over Investigation
- » Arrested Attacker Confesses to Armed Robbery Attempt in Bulgaria’s Sredetz
- » Two People Killed in Two Separate Incidents in Southern Bulgaria
- » Attempt for Armed Robbery Leaves One Attacker Dead in Bulgaria's Sredets
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring