Ex-Police Chief Becomes Head of National Security Service
The former chief of Bulgaria's National Police Angel Antonov is the new head of the National Security Service (NSO), said the government press office.
Deputies of Antonov will be Krasimir Stanchev and Yulian Haralampiev.
By law the head of the NSO is nominated by the government and approved by the president.
The previous head of NSO Todor Kodzheikov resigned in February for “personal reasons”.
- » Salaries in Bulgarian Administration Will Not Rise in 2016
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry to Stage New Protests
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister
- » Bulgaria Raises Retirement Age as Part of Pension Reform