Ex-Police Chief Becomes Head of National Security Service
The former chief of Bulgaria's National Police Angel Antonov is the new head of the National Security Service (NSO), said the government press office.
Deputies of Antonov will be Krasimir Stanchev and Yulian Haralampiev.
By law the head of the NSO is nominated by the government and approved by the president.
The previous head of NSO Todor Kodzheikov resigned in February for “personal reasons”.
- » 281 Illegal Migrants Detained at Border with Romania Since Start of 2015
- » Bulgaria Unveils Plans to Increase Retirement Age, Pension Insurance Payments
- » Road Infrastructure Agency Chief Decries Prolonged Underfunding
- » Bulgarian Deputy PM Kuneva Unveils Proposal for Unified Anti-Corruption Unit
- » Delicacies to be Served in Bulgarian Government Planes
- » Bulgaria Needs New Body to Fight Graft Among Politicians - Audit Office Chief