Ex-Police Chief Becomes Head of National Security Service
The former chief of Bulgaria's National Police Angel Antonov is the new head of the National Security Service (NSO), said the government press office.
Deputies of Antonov will be Krasimir Stanchev and Yulian Haralampiev.
By law the head of the NSO is nominated by the government and approved by the president.
The previous head of NSO Todor Kodzheikov resigned in February for “personal reasons”.
- » Bulgaria's Election Officials Play Down Machine Voting Failure
- » Electronic Voting Scrapped in Bulgaria's Snap Election
- » Bulgaria's Vice President 'Cannot Give Up Party Overnight'
- » Bulgaria's Ex IntMin Secretary Denies Using Office for Political Appointments
- » NY Times: In Bulgaria, a Businessman Who Talks (and Acts) Like Trump
- » Bulgaria's Election Commission Delays Decision on Voting Machines