Ex-Police Chief Becomes Head of National Security Service
The former chief of Bulgaria's National Police Angel Antonov is the new head of the National Security Service (NSO), said the government press office.
Deputies of Antonov will be Krasimir Stanchev and Yulian Haralampiev.
By law the head of the NSO is nominated by the government and approved by the president.
The previous head of NSO Todor Kodzheikov resigned in February for “personal reasons”.
- » Bulgaria Govt to Spend BGN 1 M on Electric Cars for Civil Servants
- » Bulgaria's Cultural Sector Workers to Protest Against Insufficient Funding
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 24 Illegal Migrants Near Pazardzhik
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss 2016 Draft Budget
- » Bulgaria MPs Hold Minute of Silence over Paris Attacks
- » Press Freedom NGO Urges Bulgaria PM to Stop 'Harassment of Journalists'