Ukraine May Ink Economic Part of EU Association Agreement on June 27
Ukraine may sign the economic part of the EU association agreement on June 27, said EU Enlargement and Neighbourhood Policy Commissioner Stefan Fule in Kiev.
During his visit to the Ukrainian capital, he confirmed the European Parliament and the European Commission would support this step, reports Bulgaria's public broadcaster BNT.
Meanwhile, Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski said he believes in the possibility of a visa-free regime introduction between Ukraine and the European Union by mid- 2015.
Sikorski was on an official visit to Kiev for the annual Polish-Ukrainian Foreign Ministry consultations.
"If you (Ukraine) will do what you need to do, we will support you. And we hope that this can be done until the middle of next year," Sikorski said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
According to Sikorski, Poland was also ready to host gas talks between Ukraine and Russia.
- » Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine's Donbass
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says