10-th Night of the Museums to Take Place in BG on Saturday Night
The tenth edition of the European Night of the Museums will take place in Bulgaria on Saturday night.
From 6 PM till around midnight museums, galleries and various cultural institutions will be open for free and will offer special events for the occasion.
According to the main organizers from the Institut Francais, only in Sofia are expected 150 000 visitors to the various events.
Among the highlights in Sofia re the retro beer tram, which will travel along two main routes in the downtown. The passengers will also have the opportunity to drink beer, while travelling.
The National Museum of Military History will offer its visitors, weather permitting, a hot air balloon ride over Sofia.
The Gallery for Foreign Art, which is closed for renovations, will show on its facade a slide show of the most notable items from its collections.
There will also be open air concerts and exhibitions. The main lines of Sofia's public transport and the metro will run until 1 AM.
Map and program of the events in Sofia can be downloaded here.
- » 13-th Tattoo Fest Sofia To Take Place In October
- » Rodin Exhibition in Sofia Extended by Two Weeks
- » Swedish Director Roy Andersson Scoops Best Film Award at Venice Festival
- » 10-th Night Of The Museums To Take Place In Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Be European Capital of Culture in 2019
- » 'Bulgarian Rhapsody' Enters Oscars 2014 Foreign Language Film Contest