The Danube Continues to Rise
The level of the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube river continues to rise, reports the Agency for Exploration and Maintenance of the Danube.
According to it, the river levels have already reached six meters in Ruse and is expected to continue to rise, due to the high waters coming from Serbia.
For the time being, there is no danger of overflowing and floods, said the agency, but the closer observation of the water levels is increased.
Meanwhile, the continuing heavy rains and floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina claimed another four lives on Friday. The disaster, according to experts, is the worst for the past 120.
- » Minor Earthquake Hits Southern Bulgaria
- » Sofia Declared Best Bulgarian City to Live in for 2014
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision
- » Identity of Child Found Murdered in Suitcase Now Established
- » Bulgaria Cuts Monthly Payment of BGN 65 to Refugees