The Danube Continues to Rise
The level of the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube river continues to rise, reports the Agency for Exploration and Maintenance of the Danube.
According to it, the river levels have already reached six meters in Ruse and is expected to continue to rise, due to the high waters coming from Serbia.
For the time being, there is no danger of overflowing and floods, said the agency, but the closer observation of the water levels is increased.
Meanwhile, the continuing heavy rains and floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina claimed another four lives on Friday. The disaster, according to experts, is the worst for the past 120.
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Outgoing Justice Minister Calls for Consensus on Priority Goals
- » Trade Union: ¼ of Bulgarian Households Below Poverty Threshold
- » Fatal Traffic Accidents in Bulgaria See Dramatic Increase – Expert
- » Child Beggars in Bulgaria's Capital 'Numbering 400'
- » Firefighters Protest in Varna