The Danube Continues to Rise
The level of the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube river continues to rise, reports the Agency for Exploration and Maintenance of the Danube.
According to it, the river levels have already reached six meters in Ruse and is expected to continue to rise, due to the high waters coming from Serbia.
For the time being, there is no danger of overflowing and floods, said the agency, but the closer observation of the water levels is increased.
Meanwhile, the continuing heavy rains and floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina claimed another four lives on Friday. The disaster, according to experts, is the worst for the past 120.
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Finnish Diva Tarja Turunen With Concert In Sofia
- » Funding For Road Maintenance Siphoned Off For Other Projects
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Four Lion Cubs Born In Varna Zoo