Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Rome Masters Semifinal
Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the semifinal of the ATP Masters in Rome, after Tommy Haas retired before the start of the second set.
The Bulgarian took the first set 6:2 in just over half an hour, completely dominating his experienced opponent.
In the break between the sets, the 36-year-old German decided to pull out, most likely due to some pain that had been troubling him.
This came as the perfect birthday present for Dimitrov, who turns 23 Friday. He will also have additional time to rest for the big semifinal, against the winner of the Rafael Nadal – Andy Murray match, which will be played later.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round
- » Bulgaria to Provide BGN 1.1 M for Hosting U-17 Euro in 2015