Cruise Vessels at Bulgaria's Port Varna Almost Double
A total of 49 cruise ships have requested visits to the Marine Station in Varna, according to Bozhidar Chaparov, Executive Director of Port Varna.
Chaparov, as cited by mediapool.bg, pointed out that the average of requested visits of passenger ships in 2013 had been 20-25.
He explained the increase with the good reputation of the port.
According to analysts, a major reason behind the increase is the redirection of cruise vessels from Crimea to the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
The Executive Director of Port Varna EAD suggested that 2014 was expected to bring better results than 2013.
He reminded that Port Varna had set a new record for processed cargo, at over 11 million tones, in 2013.
He went on to say that a record for processed and exported grain cargo had also been set in 2013, at more than 4.140 million tones.
Chaparov added that the freight traffic volume in 2014 was similar to last year's results.
- » Bulgaria Interested in Turkish Stream, Russian Official Says
- » Prices of Visas to Bulgaria Go Up for Russian Citizens
- » Unrefunded VAT to Bulgarian Companies at BGN 113.6 M by end-May
- » Uber Gets Slammed with Fines in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog to Go On with Power Price Hike
- » Reuters: Europeans Switching to Destinations in Spain, Bulgaria Following Tunisia Terrorist Attacks