Cruise Vessels at Bulgaria's Port Varna Almost Double
A total of 49 cruise ships have requested visits to the Marine Station in Varna, according to Bozhidar Chaparov, Executive Director of Port Varna.
Chaparov, as cited by mediapool.bg, pointed out that the average of requested visits of passenger ships in 2013 had been 20-25.
He explained the increase with the good reputation of the port.
According to analysts, a major reason behind the increase is the redirection of cruise vessels from Crimea to the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
The Executive Director of Port Varna EAD suggested that 2014 was expected to bring better results than 2013.
He reminded that Port Varna had set a new record for processed cargo, at over 11 million tones, in 2013.
He went on to say that a record for processed and exported grain cargo had also been set in 2013, at more than 4.140 million tones.
Chaparov added that the freight traffic volume in 2014 was similar to last year's results.
- » Bulgaria’s PM: At least ½ of Hemus Motorway Will Be Ready by End of Term in Office
- » 1.7 Million Bulgarians to Spend 2015 Summer Holidays at Domestic Resorts
- » 5km Long Section of Bulgaria’s Hemus Motorway Opens for Traffic
- » Bulgaria State Energy Cos to Save BGN 20 M This Year - Minister
- » Energy Watchdog Head Refuses to Resign Despite Pressure from Businesses
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Pledges New Control Unit to Prevent Energy Fraud Schemes