Cruise Vessels at Bulgaria's Port Varna Almost Double
A total of 49 cruise ships have requested visits to the Marine Station in Varna, according to Bozhidar Chaparov, Executive Director of Port Varna.
Chaparov, as cited by mediapool.bg, pointed out that the average of requested visits of passenger ships in 2013 had been 20-25.
He explained the increase with the good reputation of the port.
According to analysts, a major reason behind the increase is the redirection of cruise vessels from Crimea to the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.
The Executive Director of Port Varna EAD suggested that 2014 was expected to bring better results than 2013.
He reminded that Port Varna had set a new record for processed cargo, at over 11 million tones, in 2013.
He went on to say that a record for processed and exported grain cargo had also been set in 2013, at more than 4.140 million tones.
Chaparov added that the freight traffic volume in 2014 was similar to last year's results.
- » Jay-Z's Newly Launched Streaming Service - TIDAL Causes Controversy
- » Chinese Investors Interested in Getting Concession on Bulgaria's Plovdiv Airport
- » Bulgaria Invested EUR 1.8 Abroad in Last Ten Years
- » Bulgaria’s Gorna Arda Hydropower Complex Project Not Frozen
- » Bulgarian Winter Resorts Register 9.2% Increase in Tourist Numbers
- » Bulgaria Looks into Options to Attract More Tourists from China