Bulgaria's New Car Market Posts 25% Increase Over Four Months
In April 2014, demand for new passenger cars in the EU increased for the 8th consecutive month, with a rise of 4.6% in registrations.
In April 2014, new passenger car registrations increased by 7.4%, totaling 4,336,013 units, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA).
In April 2014, Germany was the only major market to face a downturn (-3.6%). All other significant markets contributed positively to the overall 4.6% expansion of the EU market, with growth ranging from 1.9% in Italy, 5.8% in France, 8.2% in the UK to 28.7% in Spain.
From January to April, all major markets posted growth, contributing to the overall 7.4% upturn of the EU market. The increase in passenger car registrations in this period ranged from 2.9% in Germany, 3.7% in France, 5.0% in Italy to 12.5% in the UK and 16.2% in Spain.
According to the survey of ACEA, new car sales in Bulgaria have registered an increase of 13.9% in April yoy to 1,632 units.
For the first four months of 2014, the registration of new cars in Bulgaria increased by 25.2% to 6478 units. According to this indicator Bulgaria ranked fifth among all 28 countries, and was surpassed only by Portugal with an increase of 43.7%, Lithuania (27.7%), Ireland (26.6%) and Poland (26%).
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » 21 Children Injured After School Bus Crashes into House in Germany
- » Philippines Raises Mayon Volcano Alert Level After Lava Flow
- » Bitcoin Slides 14% on Crackdown Fears, Hits 4-Week Low
- » Azerbaijan Ready to Invest in Bulgaria’s gasification
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32