Bulgarian Driver Collides Head-On with Macedonian Intelligence Chief
A 35-year-old Bulgarian citizen caused a serious car crash in which the Director of Macedonia's Intelligence Agency, Nake Chulev, was injured.
The incident happened near the Bulgarian border in the region of Kriva Palanka, according to reports of Sega daily.
Chulev's driver suffered the most serious injuries, including leg fractures.
Chulev and his advisers suffered lighter injuries.
The Bulgarian citizen was driving a Skoda, traveling towards the Gyueshevo - Deve Bairborder crossing point, when he collided head-on with a vehicle of the Macedonian Intelligence Agency.
The Director of the Macedonian Intelligence Agency was returning from a business trip in Sofia.
According to local authorities, the Bulgarian lost control of the vehicle due to the slippery road.
He was handed a suspended sentence under fast-track proceedings and was returned to Bulgaria.
- » Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Beglika Fest Returns For Sixth Time
- » Second Vicitim of Floods in Bulgaria's Vratsa Region Reported
- » Ticket Frenzy For 'Hamlet' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch
- » Bulgarian Capital Launches 5th Edition of 'Sofia Breathes' Festival
- » Sofia City Launches EUR 16.7 M Underground Railway Extension