Bulgarian Driver Collides Head-On with Macedonian Intelligence Chief
A 35-year-old Bulgarian citizen caused a serious car crash in which the Director of Macedonia's Intelligence Agency, Nake Chulev, was injured.
The incident happened near the Bulgarian border in the region of Kriva Palanka, according to reports of Sega daily.
Chulev's driver suffered the most serious injuries, including leg fractures.
Chulev and his advisers suffered lighter injuries.
The Bulgarian citizen was driving a Skoda, traveling towards the Gyueshevo - Deve Bairborder crossing point, when he collided head-on with a vehicle of the Macedonian Intelligence Agency.
The Director of the Macedonian Intelligence Agency was returning from a business trip in Sofia.
According to local authorities, the Bulgarian lost control of the vehicle due to the slippery road.
He was handed a suspended sentence under fast-track proceedings and was returned to Bulgaria.
- » Bulgarians Held in Sudan 'Not Taken Hostage' - FM Daniel Mitov
- » Chinese Cinema Festival to Take Place in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Helicopter Crew Captured by Sudanese Rebels
- » Healthcare in Bulgaria Ranks Among Poorest in Europe
- » Fewer Bulgarians Went on Holiday Abroad at End of 2014
- » Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015