55 Kg of Heroin Seized on Bulgaria, Romania's Danube Bridge
Bulgarian border police authorities seized 55 kilograms of heroin on the Danube Bridge, at the crossing point leading out of the country.
In a joint operation of Ruse's customs unit and the Border Police, officials found the drug divided into fifty separate packages in a lorry with an international license plate, according to reports by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Documents presented by the vehicle's Greek driver suggested he was to deliver textile and spare parts from Turkey to countries in Western Europe. By crossing the bridge the lorry would have reached Romania and made its way to the rest of Europe.
A Bulgarian citizen was also traveling inside the driver's cabin.
Drugs seized on the Bridge on Friday are estimated at some BGN 2.74 M.
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists
- » Units to Counteract Phone Scams Were Set Up in Several Cities in Bulgaria