55 Kg of Heroin Seized on Bulgaria, Romania's Danube Bridge
Bulgarian border police authorities seized 55 kilograms of heroin on the Danube Bridge, at the crossing point leading out of the country.
In a joint operation of Ruse's customs unit and the Border Police, officials found the drug divided into fifty separate packages in a lorry with an international license plate, according to reports by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Documents presented by the vehicle's Greek driver suggested he was to deliver textile and spare parts from Turkey to countries in Western Europe. By crossing the bridge the lorry would have reached Romania and made its way to the rest of Europe.
A Bulgarian citizen was also traveling inside the driver's cabin.
Drugs seized on the Bridge on Friday are estimated at some BGN 2.74 M.
- » Court Imposes House Arrest on 'Putin Opponent' Nikolai Kobliakov
- » Sofia Prosecution Demands Detention for Nikolai Kobliakov
- » Tens of Turkish Policemen Arrested over 'Plotting' against Gov't
- » Bulgarian Border Police Seizes Heroin worth BGN 5.7M
- » Sofia Court Reduces Prison Sentence of Alleged Drug Gang Leader Zlatomir Ivanov
- » Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring