Ludogorets Wins ‘Fiery’ Bulgarian Cup Final
Ludogorets Razgrad won the Bulgarian football Cup for a second time in their history, beating Botev Plovdiv 1:0 in the final.
Roman Bezjak scored the only goal of the match in the 58th minute to give the Razgrad team its second consecutive double, winning both the league and cup.
Shortly after Bezjak’s goal, the Botev supporters threw a cannonade of flares on the pitch, which set on fire the commercial boards and paper strips. This prompted the referee to suspend the game for 17 minutes. Nerves were running high towards the end of the match as well, as several Botev fans ran onto the field.
Ludogorets completed their best season in history, winning the league, cup, and reaching the 1/8 finals of the UEFA Europa League.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!
- » Manchester City are the New Premier League Champions