Ludogorets Wins ‘Fiery’ Bulgarian Cup Final
Ludogorets Razgrad won the Bulgarian football Cup for a second time in their history, beating Botev Plovdiv 1:0 in the final.
Roman Bezjak scored the only goal of the match in the 58th minute to give the Razgrad team its second consecutive double, winning both the league and cup.
Shortly after Bezjak’s goal, the Botev supporters threw a cannonade of flares on the pitch, which set on fire the commercial boards and paper strips. This prompted the referee to suspend the game for 17 minutes. Nerves were running high towards the end of the match as well, as several Botev fans ran onto the field.
Ludogorets completed their best season in history, winning the league, cup, and reaching the 1/8 finals of the UEFA Europa League.
- » Sepp Blatter Re-Elected as FIFA President
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Announce Fate of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia on June 1
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Defeated in Second Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat, Ousted at Opening of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Beats Former No.1 at Opening of Roland Garros