Sofia City Court Adjourns Final Hearing in Ex-Interior Minister Trial
Sofia City Court has adjourned the hearing in the trial against former Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov due to missing pretrial proceedings information, Thursday.
Tsvetanov is facing charges of blocking six permits to use special surveillance devices against Orlin Todorov, former head of the Interior's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime (GBDOP) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The hearing was scheduled for May 29, as the presiding judge Toni Getov claimed that the new date will rebut any comments that the hearing is held prior to the EP elections, Darik news reports.
The key and final witness in the case against Tsvetanov Orlin Todorov appeared today in the Sofia City Court, where he was called to testify. On Tuesday the Court ruled that Orlin Todoov is to be brought forcefully before court after failing to appear at the trial against ex-Interior Minister.
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna