Sofia City Court Adjourns Final Hearing in Ex-Interior Minister Trial
Sofia City Court has adjourned the hearing in the trial against former Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov due to missing pretrial proceedings information, Thursday.
Tsvetanov is facing charges of blocking six permits to use special surveillance devices against Orlin Todorov, former head of the Interior's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime (GBDOP) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The hearing was scheduled for May 29, as the presiding judge Toni Getov claimed that the new date will rebut any comments that the hearing is held prior to the EP elections, Darik news reports.
The key and final witness in the case against Tsvetanov Orlin Todorov appeared today in the Sofia City Court, where he was called to testify. On Tuesday the Court ruled that Orlin Todoov is to be brought forcefully before court after failing to appear at the trial against ex-Interior Minister.
- » Man Shot Dead Near Downtown Sofia
- » Sofia Court Stops Unlawful Wiretapping Case against Former Interior Minister
- » Businessman Veselin Mareshki Facing Year in Jail for Hitting Varna Official
- » 5 Bulgarians Arrested in Italy for Illegal Trafficking in Antique Coins
- » 3 Bulgarians Arrested in Serbia for Human Trafficking
- » Operation Imperium Busts Bulgarian Fake Payment Cards Group