Algerian Recidivist Sentenced 23 Years for 2 Attempted Murders
The Sofia City Court has sentenced Salahedin bin Aladdin to 11 years in jail for attempting to murder a man in Bulgaria's capital last May.
This is the second sentence bin Aladdin receives, after being handed 12 years in prison for stabbing a 20-year-old store clerk Viktoria Hristova last November. Both incidents happened around the central Pirotska Street.
The Algerian national, who was applying for a refugee status in Bulgaria, escaped to Greece shortly after his second crime. He was captured by the police there. Charges have also been pressed against a Bulgarian man who is believed to have assisted him to leave the country.
Bin Aladdin has 15 days to appeal the verdict.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses