Algerian Recidivist Sentenced 23 Years for 2 Attempted Murders
The Sofia City Court has sentenced Salahedin bin Aladdin to 11 years in jail for attempting to murder a man in Bulgaria's capital last May.
This is the second sentence bin Aladdin receives, after being handed 12 years in prison for stabbing a 20-year-old store clerk Viktoria Hristova last November. Both incidents happened around the central Pirotska Street.
The Algerian national, who was applying for a refugee status in Bulgaria, escaped to Greece shortly after his second crime. He was captured by the police there. Charges have also been pressed against a Bulgarian man who is believed to have assisted him to leave the country.
Bin Aladdin has 15 days to appeal the verdict.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France