Algerian Recidivist Sentenced 23 Years for 2 Attempted Murders
The Sofia City Court has sentenced Salahedin bin Aladdin to 11 years in jail for attempting to murder a man in Bulgaria's capital last May.
This is the second sentence bin Aladdin receives, after being handed 12 years in prison for stabbing a 20-year-old store clerk Viktoria Hristova last November. Both incidents happened around the central Pirotska Street.
The Algerian national, who was applying for a refugee status in Bulgaria, escaped to Greece shortly after his second crime. He was captured by the police there. Charges have also been pressed against a Bulgarian man who is believed to have assisted him to leave the country.
Bin Aladdin has 15 days to appeal the verdict.
- » Bulgaria Prosecution 'Subject to Political Pressure' - Chief Prosecutor
- » Bulgaria Imam Detained in Operation Against 'Anti-Democratic Ideology' In 4 Cities
- » DANS Raids Roma Quarter in Pazardzhik, Seeks IS Supporters
- » Mayor of Bulgaria’s Nedelino Charged with Malfeasance in Office
- » Hundreds Of Bulgarians Set Up Home Drug Labs
- » Deputy Mayor of Bulgaria’s Saedinenie Charged with Embezzlement