Algerian Recidivist Sentenced 23 Years for 2 Attempted Murders
The Sofia City Court has sentenced Salahedin bin Aladdin to 11 years in jail for attempting to murder a man in Bulgaria's capital last May.
This is the second sentence bin Aladdin receives, after being handed 12 years in prison for stabbing a 20-year-old store clerk Viktoria Hristova last November. Both incidents happened around the central Pirotska Street.
The Algerian national, who was applying for a refugee status in Bulgaria, escaped to Greece shortly after his second crime. He was captured by the police there. Charges have also been pressed against a Bulgarian man who is believed to have assisted him to leave the country.
Bin Aladdin has 15 days to appeal the verdict.
- » Chief of Police in Bulgaria's Smolyan Removed from Office
- » Oscar Pistorius Gets 5 Years In Jail For Killing His Girlfriend
- » Bulgarian Customs Apprehend 5 M Fake Russian Excise Labels
- » Bulgarian Court Rejects Kobliakov Extradition Request from Russia
- » Bulgaria Court to Sit on 'Putin Opponent' Extradition
- » Court Issues Life Sentence for Ghastly Murder in Sofia Park