At Least 8 People Die After Bangladesh Ferry Capsizes in Storm
At least eight people have died after a ferry carrying some 200 passengers capsized in a river near the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka on Thursday.
The MV Miraj-4 capsized during a storm in the Munshiganj district as it travelled towards Shariatpur. Officials say the death toll is expected to rise, the BBC reports.
The local police and a rescue team are currently trying to locate the ferry which is completely underwater. A number of bodies have reportedly been recovered.
Ferry accidents are common on Bangladesh's river network and scores are killed every year, according to the BBC.
- » North Korea Condemns U.S. Sanctions as Officials Gather For Olympic Ceremony
- » Estonia Celebrated its 100th Anniversary with a Large Military Parade
- » The UN Security Council Urged a 30-day Ceasefire in Syria
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days