At Least 8 People Die After Bangladesh Ferry Capsizes in Storm
At least eight people have died after a ferry carrying some 200 passengers capsized in a river near the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka on Thursday.
The MV Miraj-4 capsized during a storm in the Munshiganj district as it travelled towards Shariatpur. Officials say the death toll is expected to rise, the BBC reports.
The local police and a rescue team are currently trying to locate the ferry which is completely underwater. A number of bodies have reportedly been recovered.
Ferry accidents are common on Bangladesh's river network and scores are killed every year, according to the BBC.
- » Manchester Attack: Sister of Bomber Said He Wanted 'Revenge' for Injustice
- » NATO Will Formally Join Anti-'Islamic State' Coalition
- » 'Clear' That UK Bomber Was Part of a Network
- » UK Police: 23-Year-Old Man Arrested Over Manchester Attack
- » Manchester Arena explosion: Children Among 22 Killed by Suicide Bomber After Ariana Grande Concert
- » Ariana Grande Concert: Deaths After Reported Blast