At Least 8 People Die After Bangladesh Ferry Capsizes in Storm
At least eight people have died after a ferry carrying some 200 passengers capsized in a river near the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka on Thursday.
The MV Miraj-4 capsized during a storm in the Munshiganj district as it travelled towards Shariatpur. Officials say the death toll is expected to rise, the BBC reports.
The local police and a rescue team are currently trying to locate the ferry which is completely underwater. A number of bodies have reportedly been recovered.
Ferry accidents are common on Bangladesh's river network and scores are killed every year, according to the BBC.
- » Russia, Turkey Mull Trade Preferences for Some Sectors
- » Ukraine Could See Exports Rise Under Deal with EU
- » Ukraine Parliament Adopts Donbass Self-Determination Bill
- » EU Parliament, Ukraine's Rada Adopt Association Agreement at Once
- » Turkey Mulls Setting Up Buffer Zone Along Iraq, Syria Borders - President
- » Elderly Woman Dies in Flood-Hit Eastern Serbia