At Least 8 People Die After Bangladesh Ferry Capsizes in Storm
At least eight people have died after a ferry carrying some 200 passengers capsized in a river near the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka on Thursday.
The MV Miraj-4 capsized during a storm in the Munshiganj district as it travelled towards Shariatpur. Officials say the death toll is expected to rise, the BBC reports.
The local police and a rescue team are currently trying to locate the ferry which is completely underwater. A number of bodies have reportedly been recovered.
Ferry accidents are common on Bangladesh's river network and scores are killed every year, according to the BBC.
- » Lufthansa Pilots to Start 8th Strike Since April
- » Russia, Ukraine Reach Tentative Agreement On Gas Deliveries
- » Patient with Ebola Symptoms Hospitalized in Kosovo's Capital
- » Greece Plans Extra LNG Imports in Case of Cut in Russian Gas Supplies
- » Putin Promises Jobs, Boost in Trade, Investment to Serbia
- » Merkel Engages in Mediation Efforst Prior to Putin-Poroshenko Talks