At Least 8 People Die After Bangladesh Ferry Capsizes in Storm
At least eight people have died after a ferry carrying some 200 passengers capsized in a river near the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka on Thursday.
The MV Miraj-4 capsized during a storm in the Munshiganj district as it travelled towards Shariatpur. Officials say the death toll is expected to rise, the BBC reports.
The local police and a rescue team are currently trying to locate the ferry which is completely underwater. A number of bodies have reportedly been recovered.
Ferry accidents are common on Bangladesh's river network and scores are killed every year, according to the BBC.
- » Musk: Zuckerberg's Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence is Limited
- » European Court of Justice Keeps Hamas on EU Terror List
- » The Pentagon gave Millions to a Non-existent Police Station
- » Russia has Sent Google More Requests to Remove Information than all other Countries Combined
- » Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu: ' Dialogue Between Turkey and EU Needs to Continue'
- » Lockheed Martin Will Build an Orbital Lunar Station