Bulgaria to Invest BGN 153 M in 3 Industrial Zones
Investments of BGN 153 M will go to the industrial zones near Bozhurishte, Telish, and Burgas in the next few years, according to the CEO of National Company Industrial Zones EAD.
Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Atanas Nenov noted that the figure had been calculated on the basis of contracts signed with investors in 2013 and the beginning of 2014.
He suggested that the investments would create 1650 jobs.
National Company Industrial Zones EAD has full or partial ownership of a total of 8 industrial zones, three of which are functional - near Ruse, Vidin and Svilengrad.
"Owing to their location, these industrial zones function as logistics centers. The aim is to expand investments in production, especially in the industrial zone near Vidin, where there is sufficient free space for the construction of new production halls," Nenov explained.
He announced that new industrial zones were to be built around Telish, Karlovo and Varna-west (Suvorovo municipality).
Nenov, as cited by investor.bg, declared that work on the project for the industrial zone near Karlovo was to be wrapped up soon, adding that it was located in the place of the former military airfield near the village of Marino pole.
He announced that the industrial zones in Burgas and Bozhurishte were being built, specifying that National Company Industrial Zones EAD owned 51% of the industrial and logistics complex in Burgas, while the remaining 49% were controlled by the municipality.
Nenov made clear that the first stage of the construction of the internal infrastructure in the industrial zone in Burgas would be completed by end-2014, while the second stage was to be wrapped up by end-2015, including optics, electrical installations, street lighting, sidewalks, etc.
He said that a total of 6 preliminary contracts for sales of property to investors in the industrial zone in Burgas had been signed in 2013, adding that the total area of the plots was around 30 decares.
Nenov specified that the industrial zone in Telish included the terrains of the former rocket unit.
He announced that main tenant there was the Asia Invest company, a joint venture including South Korean SDN Company, which was specialized in organic production.
He said that the company planned to invest BGN 85 M in five years to establish a closed-loop system of organic production of mushrooms, fodder and meat, including the construction of a poultry farm. Nenov specified that the project envisaged the creation of 700 jobs.
As regards the industrial zone near Bozhurishte, Nenov noted that the construction of the plant of Behr-Hella-Thermocontrol had reached an advanced stage of implementation.
He informed that the plant of the German manufacturer of air conditioning equipment for vehicles had been scheduled for September, adding that the investment amounted to BGN 42.5 M and was to create 350 jobs.
Nenov explained that 5 new contracts with Bulgarian hi-tech companies had been signed in December 2013, stressing that the total amount of investments was BGN 6 M and some 250 jobs were to be created.
He said that National Company Industrial Zones EAD had signed a memorandum of cooperation with a Chinese tech park several days ago, adding that the step would provide opportunities for Bulgarian companies to access the Chinese market and vice versa, as well as opportunities for exchange of experience.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Record 16.5 % Increase in July
- » Price of Natural Gas in Bulgaria May Drop by over 13.6% as of October
- » Watchdog OKs Agreement between Bulgaria’s National Power Co, ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP
- » Bulgarian Authorities Place Seals on 660 Tonnes of Fuel amid Filling Station Probes
- » US-owned TPP AES Bulgaria Finalizes Agreement with National Power Utility
- » Ambulances in Bulgaria to Reach Patients in 8-120 minutes, Depending on Urgency