Bulgaria Expects More Tourists from Ukraine, Belarus – Deputy Min
Bulgaria expects a significant tourist influx in the summer season, Deputy Economy Minister Branimir Botev announced at a tour operators meeting in Plovdiv, Thursday.
According to Botev, the number of visas issued for Belarusians only has increased by 12% this year.
The Deputy Minister of Economy expects an increase of Ukrainian tourists as well, due to the current situation in Crimea.
"The closest resorts for Ukrainians apart from Crimea, are those on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast," Botev said, as cited by BGNES.
According to him, there will be no decline in the numbers of Russian visitors, because holiday packages are negotiated several months in advance.
Over 60 organizations participate in the ongoing international tour operators meeting in the city of Plovdiv. The focus of this year's meeting is mainly on the cultural and wine tourism.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Number of Turkish Tourists to Bulgaria Rising
- » Bulgarian Resorts to Start Hiring Seasonal Workers from Abroad
- » Nearly Two Million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria in Jan-May 2016
- » Bulgaria Reports Congestion at Crossings on Border with Greece