Bulgaria Expects More Tourists from Ukraine, Belarus – Deputy Min
Bulgaria expects a significant tourist influx in the summer season, Deputy Economy Minister Branimir Botev announced at a tour operators meeting in Plovdiv, Thursday.
According to Botev, the number of visas issued for Belarusians only has increased by 12% this year.
The Deputy Minister of Economy expects an increase of Ukrainian tourists as well, due to the current situation in Crimea.
"The closest resorts for Ukrainians apart from Crimea, are those on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast," Botev said, as cited by BGNES.
According to him, there will be no decline in the numbers of Russian visitors, because holiday packages are negotiated several months in advance.
Over 60 organizations participate in the ongoing international tour operators meeting in the city of Plovdiv. The focus of this year's meeting is mainly on the cultural and wine tourism.
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » BDZ Offers Pre-Sale of Tickets For the Holidays
- » More Than 400 Flights Were Canceled at the Airport in Toronto, Canada Due to Heavy Snowfall
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure