Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Croatian Giant in Rome
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the third round of the ATP Rome Masters, beating Ivo Karlovic 7:6, 6:4.
The first set was extremely even with both players holding their serves comfortably. The 211-cm Croatian notched a series of powerful aces – all in all 15 throughout the match. In the deciding tie break however, Dimitrov was more precise and rightfully went on to win it.
Early in the second set, the Bulgarian broke the serve of Karlovic, which was the only game won by the receiving player in the whole match. Until the end, the youngster from Haskovo did not give his opponent a chance to equalize, taking the set 6:4.
In the third round of the prestigious tournament, Dimitrov will face the winner of the match Dmitry Tursunov – Tomas Berdych.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match Held in Sofia
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show