Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Croatian Giant in Rome
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the third round of the ATP Rome Masters, beating Ivo Karlovic 7:6, 6:4.
The first set was extremely even with both players holding their serves comfortably. The 211-cm Croatian notched a series of powerful aces – all in all 15 throughout the match. In the deciding tie break however, Dimitrov was more precise and rightfully went on to win it.
Early in the second set, the Bulgarian broke the serve of Karlovic, which was the only game won by the receiving player in the whole match. Until the end, the youngster from Haskovo did not give his opponent a chance to equalize, taking the set 6:4.
In the third round of the prestigious tournament, Dimitrov will face the winner of the match Dmitry Tursunov – Tomas Berdych.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle