Association of Free Syrians to Hold a Rally in Sofia
The Association of Free Syrians in Bulgaria is planning a rally in front of Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry on May 16, they said at their Facebook page.
The rally will demand “the farce, called presidential elections in the Syrian embassy” to be stopped.
The rally will present Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin with an appeal to stop “this mockery at the Syrian people and with the people from around the world who sympathize to the Syrian tragedy.”
“We firmly state that the criminal Assad was not mandated by the people to organize and conduct free elections in a war ravaged country,” the Free Syrians said in their statement.
The presidential elections in Syria are supposed to take place on June 3. Current president Bashar Assad is expected to win another 7-year term.
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped