Association of Free Syrians to Hold a Rally in Sofia
The Association of Free Syrians in Bulgaria is planning a rally in front of Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry on May 16, they said at their Facebook page.
The rally will demand “the farce, called presidential elections in the Syrian embassy” to be stopped.
The rally will present Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin with an appeal to stop “this mockery at the Syrian people and with the people from around the world who sympathize to the Syrian tragedy.”
“We firmly state that the criminal Assad was not mandated by the people to organize and conduct free elections in a war ravaged country,” the Free Syrians said in their statement.
The presidential elections in Syria are supposed to take place on June 3. Current president Bashar Assad is expected to win another 7-year term.
- » Wildfire in Southwestern Bulgaria Tamed, No Danger to Spread
- » Bulgarian Population Decreased by 0.6 % in 2014
- » Serbian Government Jet Failure Forces President Nikolic to Cancel Vatican Visit
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » NGO Project Residence Baba to Save Bulgarian Villages from Depopulation
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says