Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » The Great Basilica of Plovdiv was Built on an Older Temple
- » Archeologists Find Remains of Roman-era Temple in Egypt
- » BGN 100,000 were Granted for the Continuation of the Archaeological Excavations of Heraclea Sintica
- » This 3,000-Year-Old Horse Got a Human-Style Burial
- » Archaeologists Find the Biggest Ancient Child Sacrifice
- » 13-year-old Boy Unearths Lost Treasure of 10th Century Danish King