Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Archaeologists Find Ancient Thracian Fortress near Bulgaria’s Burgas Bulldozed by Treasure Hunter
- » Archaeologists have Discovered the Earliest Known Drawings of Dogs (Video)
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak
- » Archaeologists Find Statue of Egyptian Goddess Isis, Satyr’s Head at Roman Villa, Nymphaeum in Bulgaria’s Kasnakovo
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It
- » Archaeologists Have Discovered a Unique Statue of the Goddess Isis