Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » The Ancient Egypt Museum in Cairo Shows the "Screaming Mummy"
- » A Tile with the Oldest Script in the World is Found Near Nova Zagora
- » Archaeologists have Discovered Ancient Facilities for Beer and Bread Production
- » Israeli Archaeologists have Discovered a 1800 Years Old Mosaic
- » Historical Mosques in Bulgaria Awaiting Restoration
- » Fortress Tower of Odessos Found by Chance in Bulgaria’s Varna Affirms Data about Odd Byzantine District Quaestura Exercitus