Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » 44 Ship Wrecks Explored in Bulgaria's Black Sea
- » Unique Golden Heart Discovered in Bulgaria's Veliki Preslav
- » Bulgaria’s Pavlikeni To Revitalise Antique Ceramics Centre
- » 2,600-Year Old Stone Head of Apollo Donated To Bulgarian Historical Museum
- » Bulgaria Allocates BGN 0.25 M to Building of First Capital's Basilica
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea