Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Bulgarian Archaeology 2016 to Feature Last Year's Most Thrilling Finds
- » Nearly 600 Antique Coins Donated To Silistra History Museum
- » Bulgaria's Ancient Theatre in Plovdiv Older by Nearly a Century
- » Аrchaeologists Discover 4th Century Roman Bath in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Roman Bath Walls Uncovered in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Unique 4th Century Mosaics Discovered in Plovdiv's Large Basilica