Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Plovdiv to Host 56th National Archaeological Conference
- » Bulgaria Displays Ancient Treasures In Cooperation With Other European Countries
- » Gold Treasure of Nagyszentmiklos Goes on Display in Sofia
- » Antique Artifacts and their Stories on Sozopol’s Past
- » Bulgarian Archaeology 2016 to Feature Last Year's Most Thrilling Finds
- » Nearly 600 Antique Coins Donated To Silistra History Museum