Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Silver Treasure Found near Bulgaria’s Mezdra
- » Egyptian and Czech Archaeologists have Discovered Remnants of a Temple of Ramesses II
- » Archaeologists Discovered 4,000 Years Obelisk near Cairo
- » Santa Claus' Untouched Grave May be Beneath Church in Turkey's Antalya
- » Unique Jade Amulet was Discovered in Kaliakra, Probably Made in China
- » 2 New Graves and Foundations of Buildings Marked the End of Archaeological Summer 2017