Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Roman Villa near Struma Motorway Route
- » Cabinet Allocates BGN 500 000 for Restoration of First Bulgarian Capital Pliska
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ampoule Containing Holy Relic
- » 'Huge Skeleton' Discovered in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1500-Year-Old Cross in Sandanski
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Oldest Cyrillic Inscription