Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Ancient Episcopal Basilica Found in Bulgaria's Zaldapa Excavations
- » Scuba Diver Finds Oldest Coin in Bulgaria
- » Archaeological Dig At Perperikon Gets Extra Funding
- » Archaeologists Uncover “Vampire” Burial In Plovdiv
- » Medieval Tavern Ruins Unearthed Near Bulgaria's Turgovishte
- » Sofia Mayor Pleads For Conservation Of Ancient Serdika Ruins