Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Thracian Polearm Among Archaeological Finds in Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 11th Century Rakia Distillation Vessel
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists 'Looking for Constantine the Great Statue'
- » Tool Workshop Dated 4800 BC Discovered in NE Bulgaria
- » Star of Ancient Sozopol 'Possibly Served as Model for Macedonia's Coat of Arms'
- » Archaelogists Discover Roman Kilns, Water Well in Bulgaria’s Pavlikeni