Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Archaeologists Uncover Veliki Preslav's Eastern Gate
- » Archaeologists Unearth Lion's Head, Tablet With Nymphs In Hisarya
- » Archaeological Excavations At Perperikon To Continue Next Year
- » Archaeologists Unearth Bronze Belt Of Bulgar Warrior
- » Thracian Temple In Starosel Is Falling Apart
- » Archaeologists Find Medieval Gate in Agatopolis Fortress in Bulgaria's Ahtopol