US Donates 2 Drones to Bulgaria
The United States government has donated two unmanned aerial vehicles "RQ-11 Raven" to the Bulgarian Army.
The total price of the drones amounts to USD 3 M, the daily Trud reported. Their primary purpose is for surveillance, but a weapon can also be mounted on them.
Similar vehicles were used by the US Army to track down high-profile terrorists, including Osama bin Laden.
- » Bulgaria’s Defence Ministry Warns against Operating Drones above Sofia May 3-May 6
- » Bulgaria, US Begin Preparations for Joint Air Training “Thracian Eagle 2016”
- » Ex-DefMin Appointed Head of Bulgaria's Defense Institute
- » Bulgaria, Croatia to Boost Regional, Transborder Defence Cooperation
- » Bulgarian Defence Minister Embarks on Two-Day Official Visit to Croatia
- » Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine Discuss Setting up Joint Army Brigade