US Donates 2 Drones to Bulgaria
The United States government has donated two unmanned aerial vehicles "RQ-11 Raven" to the Bulgarian Army.
The total price of the drones amounts to USD 3 M, the daily Trud reported. Their primary purpose is for surveillance, but a weapon can also be mounted on them.
Similar vehicles were used by the US Army to track down high-profile terrorists, including Osama bin Laden.
- » Bulgaria's Radev: NATO Exercises in Black Sea No Threat To Tourism
- » Bulgaria's DefMin Calls for Debate on Military Spending
- » Bulgaria Under No Obligation To Increase Defence Budget
- » Europeans in NATO To Buy Aircraft, Submarines Jointly
- » Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Denies Having Signed MiG-29 Repair Contract
- » US Military To Be Deployed to Novo Selo Training Ground