US Donates 2 Drones to Bulgaria
The United States government has donated two unmanned aerial vehicles "RQ-11 Raven" to the Bulgarian Army.
The total price of the drones amounts to USD 3 M, the daily Trud reported. Their primary purpose is for surveillance, but a weapon can also be mounted on them.
Similar vehicles were used by the US Army to track down high-profile terrorists, including Osama bin Laden.
- » Defence Minister Confirms NATO Is to Station Command Centre in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania Discuss Elements of NATO’s Readiness Action Plan
- » Bulgarian Troops Deployed at Border Will Not Bear Arms
- » Bulgaria Defense Ministry to Dispatch 180 Troops along Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria’s President Calls for Defence Spending Update to Meet Pledges to NATO
- » NATO, Bulgaria See Islamic State Threat, Black Sea Tensions as Key Challenges