US Donates 2 Drones to Bulgaria
The United States government has donated two unmanned aerial vehicles "RQ-11 Raven" to the Bulgarian Army.
The total price of the drones amounts to USD 3 M, the daily Trud reported. Their primary purpose is for surveillance, but a weapon can also be mounted on them.
Similar vehicles were used by the US Army to track down high-profile terrorists, including Osama bin Laden.
- » Bulgaria Spent BGN 23.7 M on Its Military Aviation in 2015
- » NATO Ministers Agree to Beef up Defence Posture on Eastern Flank
- » Defence Ministers Expected to Agree on Enhanced NATO Presence in East
- » Joint Air Policing to Make Bulgaria ‘More Reliable’ NATO Ally, Def Min Says
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Participation of Allied Aircraft in Joint Air Policing Missions
- » Bulgaria Govt Nominates Constantin Popov as Next Chief of Defense