US Donates 2 Drones to Bulgaria
The United States government has donated two unmanned aerial vehicles "RQ-11 Raven" to the Bulgarian Army.
The total price of the drones amounts to USD 3 M, the daily Trud reported. Their primary purpose is for surveillance, but a weapon can also be mounted on them.
Similar vehicles were used by the US Army to track down high-profile terrorists, including Osama bin Laden.
- » USAF to Deploy F-15s in Joint Air Policing Mission with Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Appoint Defense Attache in U.S. as New Air Force Chief
- » Bulgaria to Hold Air Policing Jointly with U.S. Next Month
- » Defense Attache in Washington Nominated as New Bulgarian Air Force Chief
- » NATO Military Committee Deputy Chairman to Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Govt Proposes Discharge of Air Force Chief