US Donates 2 Drones to Bulgaria
The United States government has donated two unmanned aerial vehicles "RQ-11 Raven" to the Bulgarian Army.
The total price of the drones amounts to USD 3 M, the daily Trud reported. Their primary purpose is for surveillance, but a weapon can also be mounted on them.
Similar vehicles were used by the US Army to track down high-profile terrorists, including Osama bin Laden.
- » Bulgarian Army Gets 10 US Armoured Personnel Vehicles
- » Bulgaria's Entry in New Afghanistan Mission to be Decided Wednesday
- » Bulgaria’s Air Defence Is ‘Critical Area’, Shalamanov tells BBC
- » Bulgaria to Take Part in Non-Military NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria's Military 'to Demand' BGN 200 M Budget Hike for 2015
- » Two NATO Ships Enter Black Sea