Levski Fans Gather Money for Anniversary Match with Lazio
Fans of Bulgarian football club Levski Sofia have gathered EUR 75,000 for organizing the match against Lazio to commemorate the 100th anniversary of their team.
This is half the sum that the Italians have required (EUR 150,000) in order to come to Sofia on May 23. The rest of the money will come from sponsors and individual donors. Among the most generous of them will be former Levski star Georgi Ivanov-Gonzo, current striker Valeri Bojinov, and Levski basketball coach Konstantin Papazov, each of whom will give EUR 2,500 for the anniversary match, Dnevnik reported. Other legends of the club have also expressed willingness to donate.
Tickets for Levski – Lazio will go on sale Thursday.
Levski Sofia, often called "the club of the people", was created in 1914. It has won 26 Bulgarian league titles, which is the second highest, after their bitter rivals CSKA. The "blues" are also a traditionally strong side in basketball and volleyball as well.
Levski is the only Bulgarian team to have played in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, season 2006/2007.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Triumphed in the Final Season Tournament in London! (Updated)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama