Employment Accidents Increase In Weekends
Two thirds of the employment accidents in Bulgaria happen during the weekends, shows a national survey of the Labour Inspectorate among workers.
“Work on weekends disrupts the normal working rhythm and thus increases the risk of employment accidents,” note the authors of the survey.
According to the results, at least one third of the employed work more than the officially regulated 40 hours per week. More often they are women who work five days a week but for 10 hours or longer.
Forty-four percent of those surveyed work on Saturdays, 6.2% work each Saturday. Twenty-three percent work on Sundays and 16.4% work more than 10 hours at least five days in a month.
Only 31.9% of workers, however, receive extra pay for work on Sundays and official holidays.
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'
- » Summer festival OPERA OPEN 2017 - Plovdiv
- » Dance show NEO DERVISH at the ancient theater in Plovdiv