Sofia Office of Bulgarian Populist Party Set Ablaze
The office of the Bulgaria without Censorship party on Lomsko Shose Blvd in Sofia was set ablaze on Tuesday night.
The front window of the party's office was broken with a stone, after which a Molotov cocktail was thrown inside, according to reports of Sega daily.
The tip-off for the fire was submitted at 3 am on Wednesday.
An investigation into the case is underway and police are evaluating the damage.
The press office of the party has defined the attack as an attempted threat, adding that it was aimed at neutralizing the growing popularity of the leader, former journalist and TV host Nikolay Barekov, in Sofia's Nadezhda district.
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » 402 Cases of Violence Against Children and 39 Cases of Violence Against Teachers in 2017
- » Bulgarian PM: We Will Fulfill Our Commitments
- » Bulgaria Provides over BGN 720 Thousand for Humanitarian Aid for Poor Countries
- » GERB: The EC Report is an Objective Assessment of the Government's Work