Sofia Office of Bulgarian Populist Party Set Ablaze
The office of the Bulgaria without Censorship party on Lomsko Shose Blvd in Sofia was set ablaze on Tuesday night.
The front window of the party's office was broken with a stone, after which a Molotov cocktail was thrown inside, according to reports of Sega daily.
The tip-off for the fire was submitted at 3 am on Wednesday.
An investigation into the case is underway and police are evaluating the damage.
The press office of the party has defined the attack as an attempted threat, adding that it was aimed at neutralizing the growing popularity of the leader, former journalist and TV host Nikolay Barekov, in Sofia's Nadezhda district.
- » Bulgarian MPs: Ceiling of 35 Voting Sections Abolished for EU countries
- » Mestan: Oresharski Is Not DPS' Real Candidate
- » Anti-Refugee Protests To Be Held in Sofia, Varna, Yambol
- » Merely 2% of Bulgarians Use Flu Vaccines
- » Complaints Against Toplofikatsiya Sofia Increase by 216% in One Year
- » Bike Rental Network To Become Operational in Sofia in 2017