Sofia Office of Bulgarian Populist Party Set Ablaze
The office of the Bulgaria without Censorship party on Lomsko Shose Blvd in Sofia was set ablaze on Tuesday night.
The front window of the party's office was broken with a stone, after which a Molotov cocktail was thrown inside, according to reports of Sega daily.
The tip-off for the fire was submitted at 3 am on Wednesday.
An investigation into the case is underway and police are evaluating the damage.
The press office of the party has defined the attack as an attempted threat, adding that it was aimed at neutralizing the growing popularity of the leader, former journalist and TV host Nikolay Barekov, in Sofia's Nadezhda district.
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Tsarska Bistritsa Declared State Property
- » Caretaker Minister Changes Bulgarian Posts, Railways Chiefs
- » Radan Kanev 'Ready to Fight' for Reformist Bloc Leadership
- » Bulgarian Budget's Income Statement 'Written Up' - Interim PM
- » New Head of Bulgaria's Executive Forest Agency Appointed
- » Interim PM Georgi Bliznashki Reveals Names of Ten Advisers