Sofia Office of Bulgarian Populist Party Set Ablaze
The office of the Bulgaria without Censorship party on Lomsko Shose Blvd in Sofia was set ablaze on Tuesday night.
The front window of the party's office was broken with a stone, after which a Molotov cocktail was thrown inside, according to reports of Sega daily.
The tip-off for the fire was submitted at 3 am on Wednesday.
An investigation into the case is underway and police are evaluating the damage.
The press office of the party has defined the attack as an attempted threat, adding that it was aimed at neutralizing the growing popularity of the leader, former journalist and TV host Nikolay Barekov, in Sofia's Nadezhda district.
- » Bulgaria’s Garmen Braces for New Protest against Illegal Roma Dwellings
- » Bulgarian Socialists to Decide at Referendum on Left-wing Alliance for Presidential Vote
- » UNESCO Head Bokova Denies Speculation She Might Run for Bulgarian President
- » Bulgaria Socialists Name Legendary Film Actor as Deputy Chair
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Party Undergoes Reshuffles
- » Bulgaria MPs Turn Down Medical Cannabis Legalization