Sofia Office of Bulgarian Populist Party Set Ablaze
The office of the Bulgaria without Censorship party on Lomsko Shose Blvd in Sofia was set ablaze on Tuesday night.
The front window of the party's office was broken with a stone, after which a Molotov cocktail was thrown inside, according to reports of Sega daily.
The tip-off for the fire was submitted at 3 am on Wednesday.
An investigation into the case is underway and police are evaluating the damage.
The press office of the party has defined the attack as an attempted threat, adding that it was aimed at neutralizing the growing popularity of the leader, former journalist and TV host Nikolay Barekov, in Sofia's Nadezhda district.
- » Bulgaria's Private TV7 Calls on PM to Prevent Confiscation of Intellectual Property
- » Indictment Against Hristo Biserov Returned to Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgaria Foreign Ministry Spokesperson to Join Top Media Watchdog
- » Bulgaria Socialist Leader Takes Shocking Pictures of Bulgaria-Serbia Road
- » Bulgaria Improves Ranking in Freedom House Report on Press Freedom
- » Bulgarian Private TV7 Channel Could Stop Broadcasting as Bailiff Enters Media