Bulgaria To Get A EUR 1.5 B Increase from the EU Social Fund
Bulgaria will get a EUR 1.5 B increase from the European Social Fund for the next program period till 2020, said EU Commissioner Lazslo Andor, during his visit in Sofia.
This transpired during the meeting of the EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion and Bulgaria's deputy prime minister and Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova.
Zlatanova said that the operational program Human Resource Development was one of the most successful in Bulgaria. According to her, if it weren't for this program, unemployment in the country would have been by 1.5% higher.
Zlatanova quoted statistics, according to which each seventh Bulgarian benefited in some way from it. Four thousand projects were carried out, more than 17 000 people started a job and 62 000 took qualification courses and trainings.
- » Bulgaria's PM Calls for EU Solidarity on Refugee Relocation Quotas
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 3 M to Enhance Protection of Borders with Turkey, Greece
- » Buildings in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna to Light up in EU Flag Colours on Europe Day
- » Bulgaria Had Second Largest Drop in Unemployment in EU in March
- » Bulgaria, Romania 'Not Closing In on Rest of EU'
- » CoE Warns of ‘Dwindling Trust’ in Institutions