Bulgaria To Get A EUR 1.5 B Increase from the EU Social Fund
Bulgaria will get a EUR 1.5 B increase from the European Social Fund for the next program period till 2020, said EU Commissioner Lazslo Andor, during his visit in Sofia.
This transpired during the meeting of the EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion and Bulgaria's deputy prime minister and Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova.
Zlatanova said that the operational program Human Resource Development was one of the most successful in Bulgaria. According to her, if it weren't for this program, unemployment in the country would have been by 1.5% higher.
Zlatanova quoted statistics, according to which each seventh Bulgarian benefited in some way from it. Four thousand projects were carried out, more than 17 000 people started a job and 62 000 took qualification courses and trainings.
- » Bulgaria Improves Ranking in EU Funds Implementation
- » EU Court: Bulgaria Breached Antitrust Law during Digital Transition
- » Bulgaria’s PM to Propose System of Combating Human Trafficking at EU Summit
- » Statistics Shows No Restart of Payments to Bulgaria under OP Environment 2007-2013
- » Bulgaria's Public Financial Inspection Establishes 19 Violations in 20 EU-Funded Projects
- » Bulgarian Border Police Records Triple Increase in Illegal Migrant Crossings