Bulgaria To Get A EUR 1.5 B Increase from the EU Social Fund
Bulgaria will get a EUR 1.5 B increase from the European Social Fund for the next program period till 2020, said EU Commissioner Lazslo Andor, during his visit in Sofia.
This transpired during the meeting of the EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion and Bulgaria's deputy prime minister and Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova.
Zlatanova said that the operational program Human Resource Development was one of the most successful in Bulgaria. According to her, if it weren't for this program, unemployment in the country would have been by 1.5% higher.
Zlatanova quoted statistics, according to which each seventh Bulgarian benefited in some way from it. Four thousand projects were carried out, more than 17 000 people started a job and 62 000 took qualification courses and trainings.
- » Bulgaria Says Angela Merkel Pledges Support for Its Bid for Additional Help from Frontex
- » EC Appoints Bulgaria’s Charlina Vitcheva Deputy Director-General at Joint Research Centre
- » Bulgaria to Assume EU Presidency 6 Months Earlier
- » EC Takes Bulgaria to Court over Insufficient Protection of Endangered Birds
- » Bulgarian Army Ready to Boost Assistance to Police in Border Protection, Def Min Says
- » EU Asks Bulgaria to Comply with Rules for Energy Consumption of Buildings