Bulgaria To Get A EUR 1.5 B Increase from the EU Social Fund
Bulgaria will get a EUR 1.5 B increase from the European Social Fund for the next program period till 2020, said EU Commissioner Lazslo Andor, during his visit in Sofia.
This transpired during the meeting of the EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion and Bulgaria's deputy prime minister and Justice Minister Zinaida Zlatanova.
Zlatanova said that the operational program Human Resource Development was one of the most successful in Bulgaria. According to her, if it weren't for this program, unemployment in the country would have been by 1.5% higher.
Zlatanova quoted statistics, according to which each seventh Bulgarian benefited in some way from it. Four thousand projects were carried out, more than 17 000 people started a job and 62 000 took qualification courses and trainings.
- » Bulgaria Loses Most Revenues From Illicit Cigarettes Sales in EU
- » Bulgaria Considering Anti-Arms Trafficking Centre to Boost EU Security
- » Bulgarian Village Protests against Landfill Project near Historic Monument
- » Bulgaria's Justice Minister Visits Romania to Discuss Anti-Graft Policies
- » EU Funds Act to Ensure Sustainability, Accountability - Bulgaria’s Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria Has Absorbed EU Funding for Transport Infrastructure of EUR 1.5 B