Luhansk 'People's Governor' Injured in Assassination Attempt
The self-declared People's Governor of Luhansk Region in eastern Ukraine was injured in an assassination attempt, Tuesday.
A car carrying the Luhansk 'people's governor' Valery Bolotov was fired on Tuesday in the Luhansk region, his press office said, the CNN reports.
"Yes, Valery Bolotov is injured, and he is currently in a private hospital," Southeastern Army spokesman Vasiliy Nikitin told RIA Novosti.
The assassination attempt occurred in the Luhansk Region at around 11:00 am local time, he said, without specifying the perpetrator or the weapon used in the attack. Bolotov's life is not currently in danger, Nikitin added.
The reported attack comes amid increasing tensions in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, where pro-Russian separatists staged a referendum Sunday asking residents whether they should declare independence from Ukraine.
- » Islamic State Threatens U.S. Attacks Over Jerusalem Decision
- » Iraq Executed 38 People Sentenced to Death for Terrorism
- » Denmark Considers Using Cryptocurrencies for Humanitarian Aid
- » 6700 Rohingya were Killed in the First Month of Violence in Myanmar
- » Palestine will Demand Full Membership of the UN, Mahmoud Abbas said
- » Putin Says will Run as Independent Candidate For New Kremlin Term
To independant German intelligence services say there are 300 US mercenaries in the Ukraine and they are on active duty with the forces of the illegal Kiev government in the East and South Ukraine.
Read some Western media on Ukraine that report what is happening such as Der Spigel.
He is still alive thank God.
The illegal Kiev government, Right Sector, US mercenaries are killing unarmed people in the East and South.
They world should respect the outcome of the referendums and send military aid to protect the people from the death squads of the illegal government in Kiev and to create the independant Republics that the people want.