Border Police Caught 25 Illegal Immigrants At Kapitan Andreevo
Bulgaria's Border Police caught 22 illegal immigrants at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing with Turkey, said Interior Ministry.
The 22 men, two women and one child were hidden in two containers on a freight train travelling from Turkey.
None of them had documents, but three said they were from Myanmar and the rest – from Syria.
The group will be placed in the distribution center in Elhovo and later processed into one of the refugee centers in Bulgaria.
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister