Bulgaria's Author Georgi Gospodinov Nominated for Italian Book Award
Bulgaria's author Georgi Gospodinov's book "Physics of Sadness" is nominated for the first international edition of the Italian literary award - Premio Strega Europeo.
The international edition of the prestigious award was established to recognize five European authors, who have won recognition in their own countries and have been recently translated into Italian.
The other four nominees are the French author Jerome Ferrari, Spanish author Marcos Giralt Torrente, Finnish Rosa Liksom and German Eugen Ruge.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of seven previous winners of the Italian edition of the Premio Strega - Alessandro Barbero, Paolo Giordano, Melania G. Mazzucco, Edoardo Nesi, Antonio Pennacchi, Walter Siti and Domenico Starnone and several officials.
The prize will be awarded along with the Italian edition on July 3 in Rome.
The Premio Strega was established in 1947 or the best work of prose fiction by an Italian author. Among the winners are Cesare Pavese, Alberto Moravia and Umberto Eco.
- » SOLAR SUMMER Festival in Bulgaria Canceled Over Measures Against Loud Music
- » Some of the Most Ancient Vietnamese Rituals will be Presented on 18th August in Sofia
- » Leonardo DiCaprio will Play Leonardo da Vinci
- » Bulgarian Lyuba Lukova Creates Unique Graphic Design Creations in Atlanta Design Museum
- » Garden Bazaar of Arts and Creative Crafts Conquered Borisova Garden During the Weekend
- » New Movie Theater Opens Doors in Kardzhali After 10-year Break