Bulgaria's Author Georgi Gospodinov Nominated for Italian Book Award
Bulgaria's author Georgi Gospodinov's book "Physics of Sadness" is nominated for the first international edition of the Italian literary award - Premio Strega Europeo.
The international edition of the prestigious award was established to recognize five European authors, who have won recognition in their own countries and have been recently translated into Italian.
The other four nominees are the French author Jerome Ferrari, Spanish author Marcos Giralt Torrente, Finnish Rosa Liksom and German Eugen Ruge.
The winner will be chosen by a panel of seven previous winners of the Italian edition of the Premio Strega - Alessandro Barbero, Paolo Giordano, Melania G. Mazzucco, Edoardo Nesi, Antonio Pennacchi, Walter Siti and Domenico Starnone and several officials.
The prize will be awarded along with the Italian edition on July 3 in Rome.
The Premio Strega was established in 1947 or the best work of prose fiction by an Italian author. Among the winners are Cesare Pavese, Alberto Moravia and Umberto Eco.
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon