Bulgarian Interior Ministry to Open Electoral Fraud Hotline
Starting May 20, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry will open a hotline (982-22-32) for any issues linked to election fraud.
The hotline will be open until the end of the European elections day on May 25, Chief Interior Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov revealed. Any violations that are reported will be submitted to the Prosecution.
The transportation of ballots from the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) to the regional electoral committees will begin on Wednesday, under heavy security. This measure is taken in order to ensure the situation with the notorious Kostinbrod ballots is not repeated. Prior to the parliamentary elections in May 2013, alleged illegal ballots were discovered in a printing house in Kostinbrod, near Sofia.
Over 12,000 police personnel will be deployed around the 11,600 polling stations on the election day to ensure security.
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President
- » New European Parliament to Hold Opening Session
- » EU Leaders Back Jean-Claude Juncker as EU Commission President