Gazprom to Charge Ukraine Prepayment for June Gas
Russian energy giant Gazprom says it will charge Ukraine USD 1.66 B in advance for the supply of gas in June.
"A proforma invoice was served, based on contractual supply volumes of 114 million cubic meters a day. Given the weekend [June 1 is a Sunday], Naftogaz has until June 2 to pay this bill and, beginning on June 3, the company will receive gas for consumers in Ukraine only within in the paid volumes", Gazprom spokesman Sergei Kupriyanov said, quoted by Interfax.
The Russian company also revealed that Ukraine's debt for gas stands at USD 3.5 B, a figure which was not recognized as legitimate by Ukrainian Energy Minister Yuriy Prodan.
Following the removal of President Viktor Yanukovych from power, Gazprom announced price hikes for delivery of gas to Ukraine, abolishing the previously signed preferential prices.
- » More than BGN 355 Milion in the Fund 'Security of Electric Power Supply
- » Gas Pipelines Supplying Europe in Real Danger from Exploding Tundra
- » Tesla Wins Bid to Build World’s Largest Lithium-ion Battery for South Australia
- » Hungary Will Receive Gas Through Bulgaria in 2019
- » Trump is Going to Offer Gas Delivery to Central and Eastern Europe
- » Hot Water Stops in Downtown Sofia from June 7 to June 16
Nothing to see, move along...
Son of US VP Joe Biden appointed to board of major Ukrainian gas company