Gazprom to Charge Ukraine Prepayment for June Gas
Russian energy giant Gazprom says it will charge Ukraine USD 1.66 B in advance for the supply of gas in June.
"A proforma invoice was served, based on contractual supply volumes of 114 million cubic meters a day. Given the weekend [June 1 is a Sunday], Naftogaz has until June 2 to pay this bill and, beginning on June 3, the company will receive gas for consumers in Ukraine only within in the paid volumes", Gazprom spokesman Sergei Kupriyanov said, quoted by Interfax.
The Russian company also revealed that Ukraine's debt for gas stands at USD 3.5 B, a figure which was not recognized as legitimate by Ukrainian Energy Minister Yuriy Prodan.
Following the removal of President Viktor Yanukovych from power, Gazprom announced price hikes for delivery of gas to Ukraine, abolishing the previously signed preferential prices.
- » Bulgaria’s Gorna Arda Hydropower Complex Project Not Frozen
- » Construction of Gas Interconnector Greece-Bulgaria May Start in March 2016
- » Bulgargaz CEO Anticipates 13% Gas Price Decrease from April, 10% Decrease from July
- » Bulgarian Project Company for Oil Pipeline Burgas-Alexandroupolis Welcomes New CEO
- » Bulgarian Energy Ministry to Review Westinghouse Contract
- » Bulgaria Coalition Partners to Back Ivan Ivanov as Energy Committee Head
Nothing to see, move along...
Son of US VP Joe Biden appointed to board of major Ukrainian gas company