Gazprom to Charge Ukraine Prepayment for June Gas
Russian energy giant Gazprom says it will charge Ukraine USD 1.66 B in advance for the supply of gas in June.
"A proforma invoice was served, based on contractual supply volumes of 114 million cubic meters a day. Given the weekend [June 1 is a Sunday], Naftogaz has until June 2 to pay this bill and, beginning on June 3, the company will receive gas for consumers in Ukraine only within in the paid volumes", Gazprom spokesman Sergei Kupriyanov said, quoted by Interfax.
The Russian company also revealed that Ukraine's debt for gas stands at USD 3.5 B, a figure which was not recognized as legitimate by Ukrainian Energy Minister Yuriy Prodan.
Following the removal of President Viktor Yanukovych from power, Gazprom announced price hikes for delivery of gas to Ukraine, abolishing the previously signed preferential prices.
- » Westinghouse Fuel Performs Flawlessly in Ukraine NPP, Experts Say
- » Europe Has No Alternative to Russian Gas at Present – Bulgaria’s Deputy PM
- » Bulgaria, Azerbaijan Seek to Unblock Nabucco Gas Project
- » Bulgaria Regrets Russia’s Decision to Quit South Stream - Ambassador
- » Gazprom Approves Capital Increase of South Stream Transport B.V.
- » EVN Proposes Rise in Electricity Prices of 6.98%
Nothing to see, move along...
Son of US VP Joe Biden appointed to board of major Ukrainian gas company