Gazprom to Charge Ukraine Prepayment for June Gas
Russian energy giant Gazprom says it will charge Ukraine USD 1.66 B in advance for the supply of gas in June.
"A proforma invoice was served, based on contractual supply volumes of 114 million cubic meters a day. Given the weekend [June 1 is a Sunday], Naftogaz has until June 2 to pay this bill and, beginning on June 3, the company will receive gas for consumers in Ukraine only within in the paid volumes", Gazprom spokesman Sergei Kupriyanov said, quoted by Interfax.
The Russian company also revealed that Ukraine's debt for gas stands at USD 3.5 B, a figure which was not recognized as legitimate by Ukrainian Energy Minister Yuriy Prodan.
Following the removal of President Viktor Yanukovych from power, Gazprom announced price hikes for delivery of gas to Ukraine, abolishing the previously signed preferential prices.
- » Bulgaria Moves to Criminalize Unauthorized Coal Mining
- » Bulgarian Watchdog Orders Market Withdrawal of 10 000 Liters of Diesel Fuel
- » Bulgarian Government to Establish Energy Security Council
- » Bulgarian Energy Commission Postpones Price Increase Decision
- » Westinghouse-led Group Wins EU Funding to Diversify Nuclear Fuel Supply to VVER Reactors
- » Bulgaria to Rely on Azerbaijan for Achieving Greater Energy Diversification – President
Nothing to see, move along...
Son of US VP Joe Biden appointed to board of major Ukrainian gas company