Tsvetana Pironkova Defeated Early in Rome
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova lost in the first round of the Rome Masters against Czech Petra Cetkovska, 6:1, 1:6, 4:6.
Despite cruising through the first set and starting with a break in the second, Pironkova crumbled to an unlikely defeat against an opponent ranked 27 places below her. This was also the Bulgarian's sixth consecutive first round loss in Rome.
Starting next week, Pironkova will enter the tournament in Strasbourg, where she is seeded 8th for the moment.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells