Commissioner Laszlo Andor Concerned with Bulgarian Gray Economy
Bulgaria maintains significant levels of unemployment and gray economy, EU Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion Laszlo Andor believes.
He also announced that an additional EUR 50 M will be granted to Bulgaria to tackle youth unemployment under a special EU-wide program.
Speaking on public broadcaster BNT's breakfast program, he said that despite the European economy's recovery, Bulgaria maintained a high unemployment rate and had to take special steps to deal with the share of young people out of work. He nevertheless recognized the latter was a general problem in the European Union.
Andor added the EU was encouraging citizens to use its Youth Guarantee program, which ensures(through European funding) that young people will not remain jobless more than 4 months.
The European Social Fund, with a EUR 1.5 B worth budget framework for 2014-2020, could also be a source of funds for those who need to find their way into the labor market.
"It depends on Bulgaria how much of these funds will be absorbed," the Commissioner stressed.
He also voiced his concerns over the share of Bulgaria's gray economy, though admitting that many EU countries had to fight that problem.
Laszlo Andor was on a two-day visit to Bulgaria's capital Sofia to meet Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and other government representatives.
On Monday, Andor and Oresharski discussed the future of Bulgaria's pension reform and its structural unemployment.
- » The IMF Supports Bulgaria's Efforts to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room
- » Prime Minister Borisov will Participate in the Regular European Council Meeting
- » Bulgaria has One of the Strongest Employment Growth Rates in the EU for the Quarter
- » Bulgaria is Among the EU Countries with the Highest Number of Old Aircraft
- » Kristalina Georgieva: I Expect Bulgaria to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room Next Year
- » Bulgarian PM: EU integration of the Western Balkans Would be Among the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
1/ Work and pay from salary health insurance pension and tax take home 360bgn
from salary of 500bgn.
2/ Work for same boss don;t pay tax health insurance pension and take home 420bgn ?
3/ Which would you take ?
4/ BOSS gets to keep the difference because he does not have to pay the government your pension or tax or health insurance .
So therefore the rich get richer and the corruption goes on and when you reach age to retire your PENSION is worth NOTHING not enough to live from .