Migrant Boat Sinks in Mediterranean, 14 Killed
At least 14 migrants have died when their boat capsized in the Mediterranean Sea between Libya and Italy on Monday.
The fast response of the Italian coast guard helped the rescue of some 200 people from the sinking boat, CNN reported, citing the local ANSA agency. It is unknown yet how many people were on board.
The incident happened approximately 160km south of the Lampedusa island, which is a hot destination for north African migrants and refugees. In October, over 350 people died in one of the biggest tragedies in the Mediterranean Sea.
The Italian military says it has saved about 2,000 migrants just in the last 5 days. According to the United Nations, 43,000 people arrived by sea to seek refuge in Italy last year.
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
It's still great that it has less victims that the other ferry incidents, nevertheless we need to be prepared. For us to be ready and prepared, furthermore we should be vigilant in our safety. Have some safety gear in you when you are in trouble, always be cautious! I found the best safety gear suitable to anyone of us. check out this site for more info. http://safetrec.com/