'No More' US Warships in Black Sea - Russian Navy
All US warships that were previously deployed to the Black Sea have now left its basin, the Russian Navy's General Staff has announced.
The destroyer USS Taylor was reported by Interfax agency to be in the Mediterranean on Monday after its 21-day-long stay in the Black Sea allowed by the Montreux Convention setting a three-week time limit for foreign vessels.
Russia earlier expressed concern over what it called a prolonged stay of US ships in the basin.
NATO announced in March it would send warships to the Black Sea to show support for Ukraine in its standoff with Russia.
It later adopted measures to step up defense in its eastern member countries such as Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, and the Baltics.
- » 600 Armed Military to Protect the Border Between Turkey and Bulgaria
- » Sweden to Increase Defence Spending by USD 1 Billion by 2020
- » Over 100 Nations to Participate in Army-2017 Forum
- » Today Bulgaria Will Sent the 34th Contingent of the Bulgarian Army to Participate in NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense Requests BGN 90M For the Fleet in the Next Budget
- » Interior Minister: Over EUR 57m of European Funds for Border Protection Absorbed