'No More' US Warships in Black Sea - Russian Navy
All US warships that were previously deployed to the Black Sea have now left its basin, the Russian Navy's General Staff has announced.
The destroyer USS Taylor was reported by Interfax agency to be in the Mediterranean on Monday after its 21-day-long stay in the Black Sea allowed by the Montreux Convention setting a three-week time limit for foreign vessels.
Russia earlier expressed concern over what it called a prolonged stay of US ships in the basin.
NATO announced in March it would send warships to the Black Sea to show support for Ukraine in its standoff with Russia.
It later adopted measures to step up defense in its eastern member countries such as Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, and the Baltics.
- » NATO Air Combat Drill Begins in Slovakia
- » Bulgaria Takes Part in Nato Exercise Ramstein Guard-8
- » Bulgaria Will Not Participate In Anti-IS Coalition
- » NATO Warships to Drop Anchor in Bulgaria's Varna
- » FT: Vision 2020 Could Be Seen as 'Distancing Bulgaria From Moscow'
- » Former Joint Forces Command Chief Appointed President's Secretary