'No More' US Warships in Black Sea - Russian Navy
All US warships that were previously deployed to the Black Sea have now left its basin, the Russian Navy's General Staff has announced.
The destroyer USS Taylor was reported by Interfax agency to be in the Mediterranean on Monday after its 21-day-long stay in the Black Sea allowed by the Montreux Convention setting a three-week time limit for foreign vessels.
Russia earlier expressed concern over what it called a prolonged stay of US ships in the basin.
NATO announced in March it would send warships to the Black Sea to show support for Ukraine in its standoff with Russia.
It later adopted measures to step up defense in its eastern member countries such as Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, and the Baltics.
- » The Cabinet Provides up to BGN 26 Million to Repair the MiGs Guarding Bulgarian Airspace
- » Mass Evacuation this Morning in Berlin to Defuse WWII Bomb
- » 'Albania wants an American military base on its soil'
- » Bulgaria and Romania Discuss Bilateral Military Police Co-operation
- » There are Two Guards at every Kilometer of the Bulgarian Border
- » The Pentagon Offered Turkey an Alternative to the Russian s-400