Bulgaria's Hemus Highway Construction Near Lovech to Start in 2015
The construction of the 60 km section of the Hemus highway near the cities of Lovech and Pleven will begin by end-2015, Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva announced.
"Hemus highway is a priority for the government and we will keep our commitments. We continue to work actively for the construction of the highway," Minister Terzieva said during a briefing after the presentation of the section of the highway in the city of Pleven, Darik news reports.
According to Desislava Terzieva, approximately 3 million people will benefit from the improved infrastructure and the traffic forecast for 2020 is for nearly 18 000 vehicles daily.
"We are bringing the state back to the northwest region. Our goal is to turn Pleven and northwest Bulgaria into a modern European region," Terzieva claimed.
The highway is to pass at a relatively equal distance from Pleven and Lovech. The first stage of the highway project is from the city of Yablanitsa to the road junction for Pleven and Lovech. It is around 60km long and is estimated at around EUR 180 M.
The second section runs to the city of Veliko Tarnovo and is around 85 km long.
The third section is from Veliko Tarnovo to Belokopitovo and is around 110 km long.
- » American Chemical Company is Exploring the Opportunities for Investment in Bulgaria
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » BGN 256 Million will be Invested in the Airports of Burgas and Varna in the Next 9 Years
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » Americans will Build a New Electric Plant in Kosovo
- » NSI: Monthly Inflation in November at 0.4%