Bulgaria's Agriculture Producer Prices Drop by Nearly 12% in Q1 2014
The index of producer prices in agriculture in the first quarter of 2014 decreased by 11.8% in comparison with the same quarter of 2013.
The crop output index decreased by 19.2% and the animal output index-by 2.1%. Compared to the previous year the prices of agricultural output have increased by 2.7%, National Statistical Institute official data shows.
In the crop output they were higher by 2.9% and in the livestock-by 2.5%. Compared to the corresponding quarter of 2013 a decrease was registered in the prices of soft wheat-by17.8%, maize-by 28.8%, barley-by 34.0%, sunflower-by 29.3%, cabbage-by 36.2% and apples-by 20.2%.
In the livestock a decrease was registered in the prices of pigs-by 6.1%, chickens-by 5.1% and eggs for consumption-by 21.3%. An increase was registered in the cow's and sheep's milk-by 10.0% and 4.6%.
The index of prices of goods and services currently consumed in agriculture in the first quarter of 2014 was 3.2% below the level in the same quarter of previous year and by 3.5% compared to 2013. A decrease was registered compared to the same quarter of 2013 in the prices of: fertilizers-by 14.8% and animal feed-by 14.5%.
An increase was registered in the prices of seeds and planting stock-by18.5%, plant protection products-by 2.5% and veterinary medical products-by 3.6%. The same trend was observed compared 2013. A decrease was registered in the prices of fertilizers-by 13.4% and animal feeding stuffs-by 10.9%.
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity
- » Industrial Production in Bulgaria Down 1.5% MoM in February
- » The Most Active Home Building Process in Sofia is in "Vitosha" District
- » Skopje Invests EUR 270 Million in 800 km of Roads
- » Financial Problems for 1/3 of the Construction Companies in Bulgaria
- » 10 Candidates Want to Make the Pipes For the Bulgaria - Greece Interconnector