Grigor Dimitrov Passes Early Test in Rome
Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin proved a sturdy opponent for Grigor Dimitrov in the first round of the Rome Masters.
The Bulgarian lost the first set 4:6 after a slow start, but went on to win the match, after 6:3 and 6:4 in the following sets. Vasselin, ranked 45th in the world, played aggressive tennis and was equal to his talented opponent throughout most of the game. However, Dimitrov showed character in the key moments and booked his place in the second round.
Dimitrov, seeded 12th in the tournament, will face either Ivo Karlovic or Pablo Carreno-Busta in the next round.
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday