Grigor Dimitrov Passes Early Test in Rome
Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin proved a sturdy opponent for Grigor Dimitrov in the first round of the Rome Masters.
The Bulgarian lost the first set 4:6 after a slow start, but went on to win the match, after 6:3 and 6:4 in the following sets. Vasselin, ranked 45th in the world, played aggressive tennis and was equal to his talented opponent throughout most of the game. However, Dimitrov showed character in the key moments and booked his place in the second round.
Dimitrov, seeded 12th in the tournament, will face either Ivo Karlovic or Pablo Carreno-Busta in the next round.
- » Bulgaria to Host ATP 250 Tournament in Sofia in February 2016
- » Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Boyan Petrov Becomes First Bulgarian to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Voted Best Player in Russian Premier League for September