Grigor Dimitrov Passes Early Test in Rome
Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin proved a sturdy opponent for Grigor Dimitrov in the first round of the Rome Masters.
The Bulgarian lost the first set 4:6 after a slow start, but went on to win the match, after 6:3 and 6:4 in the following sets. Vasselin, ranked 45th in the world, played aggressive tennis and was equal to his talented opponent throughout most of the game. However, Dimitrov showed character in the key moments and booked his place in the second round.
Dimitrov, seeded 12th in the tournament, will face either Ivo Karlovic or Pablo Carreno-Busta in the next round.
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic
- » Bulgarian Boxers Scoop 4 Gold Titles at Strandzha Tournament