Bulgarians Spent BGN 2 B Around Easter
Bulgarians spent nearly BGN 2 B in the two weeks around the Easter holidays, shows data of the National Revenue Agency (NRA).
The analyzed data from the cash registers in the country shows that the exact sum was BGN 1 818 000 000, which is by BGN 185 M more than for Easter 2013.
Most significant growth in turnover was posted by the tour operators – by 67%, or BGN 3.2 M. In the same period Bulgarians spent BGN 10 M on cigarettes alone.
The relatively bad weather forced people to stay indoors, which brought considerable growth of the turnover of cinemas.
“The BGN 185 M difference between Easter this year and 2013 is a growth of 11%,” said the NRA spokesperson Rosen Bachvarov. “It is beyond the statistical error and shows that consumption was considerably higher.”
- » Conservators at Bulgaria’s Corpbank Submit Audit Report
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 10.5-Year Issue of BGN-Denominated Govt Securities
- » Employment Agency Director Decries Inefficiency of Job Schemes
- » Kozloduy NPP Completes Planned Annual Overhaul of Unit 6
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: BNB Not Willing to Discuss Options to Restructure Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Varna Registers Higher Revenues, Fewer Tourists in Summer 2014