Trial Against Former Bulgarian PM Stanishev Adjourned Again
Sofia City Court has put off for the second time the start of a trial against ruling socialists' leader and former Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev.
The reason was that Stanishev had not received a transcript of the indictment, a blunder that also caused the previous misfiring in Apri, Dariknews.bg has reported.
He is accused of having lost secret documents by Bulgarian institutions and NATO which were confided to him while he was Prime Minister (2005-2009).
In mid-November 2011, the Sofia City Court opened the administrative case against the Socialist leader. The indictment was submitted to the court more than a year after Stanishev was officially charged amid lots of media fuss.
Stanishev is facing a fine of BGN 500 - 5000 if found guilty in the trial which was to begin on May 12.
In October 2013 he gave up his immunity in order to be prosecuted.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Three Dutch Citizens Suspected of Terrorism
- » Bulgaria Refuses to Extradite Len Homeniuk to Kyrgyzstan
- » Ex Chair of Varna Administrative Court Conclusively Convicted in Bribery Case
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 30 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Railway Workers Find Abandoned Bag with 2.8kg of TNT near Tracks
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 42 Kg Heroin Hidden in Truck’s Wheels
Let's get real here!
He hasn't "lost" secret National documents, they have been deliberately and conveniently destroyed, as per usual when one needs to cover their tracks; especially when they know they are guilty as sin. This is not the first time and won't be the last time that these Commie criminals hide, destroy and evade the truth. Who in their right mind would believe that he with the most utmost responsibility in office as Prime Minister at the time, "lost" important State Documents?
1. The "Trial" against Stanishite should be expediated to full force and not loaded with convenient loopholes.
2. He has gotten away with "Blue Murder" for decades to date, with his direct involvement in countless nefarious activities during his term, affiliation and reign of the Commie (oops Socialist) party and Government and their dictatorship of Bulgaria.
3. Should this "Trial" ever reach a conclusion and hopefully and rightfully a guilty verdict, the "Fine" of between 500 - 5000 Levs is totally inadequate and totally unacceptable and will be just a slap on the wrist. The fine in this case does not justify or address and serve adequately the enormity of the crime. It's farcical by any means: and embarrassing, enraging and insulting to the normal people in Bg, and not a good look on the World Stage, yet again.
Will the authorities in Bg wake up, remember and consider seriously the continuous rape and pillage of Bg by the BSP (the new name for the original Commies) who continue to be an outpost for the Kremlin, (unofficially of course). Shhh, don't tell anyone, but it's true.
When are things going to change? When will those who do the crime actually pay for it by serving time? Will that ever happen in BG? All we get are serious procrastinations!