Income of Hotels in Bulgaria Grows Thanks to Local Tourists
The income of hotels in Bulgaria in March grew by 9.9% and reached BGN 32.9 M, year-on-year, mostly thanks to local tourists, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The growth of income from Bulgarian tourists was 20.1%, even though they stayed in hotels of lower categories and for a shorter period, compared to foreign tourists.
The overnight stays in hotels of one or two stars have increased by 20%, compared to March 2013.
The overall occupancy of hotel rooms in March 2014 was 21.2%, the highest being in the preferred by foreign tourists four and five star hotels – 30.1%.
Year-on-year, the overall occupancy grew by 1.2%, in spite the 4.9% increase in the number of beds. A little over 333 000 people stayed in hotels in March, of them 71.7% were Bulgarians.
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Sofia Airport has Returned 604 Lost Items Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises in August
- » Sofia Airport Welcomed its 5-millionth Passenger
- » 50% more Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria