Income of Hotels in Bulgaria Grows Thanks to Local Tourists
The income of hotels in Bulgaria in March grew by 9.9% and reached BGN 32.9 M, year-on-year, mostly thanks to local tourists, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The growth of income from Bulgarian tourists was 20.1%, even though they stayed in hotels of lower categories and for a shorter period, compared to foreign tourists.
The overnight stays in hotels of one or two stars have increased by 20%, compared to March 2013.
The overall occupancy of hotel rooms in March 2014 was 21.2%, the highest being in the preferred by foreign tourists four and five star hotels – 30.1%.
Year-on-year, the overall occupancy grew by 1.2%, in spite the 4.9% increase in the number of beds. A little over 333 000 people stayed in hotels in March, of them 71.7% were Bulgarians.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increased by 16.8 % Y/Y in May
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister Expects 10 % Increase in Tourist Numbers This Summer
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast Expects 5-7 % Rise in Tourist Numbers
- » 500 Officials to Conduct Inspections Along Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast
- » Coordination Centre to Ensure Safety of Tourists at Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast