Income of Hotels in Bulgaria Grows Thanks to Local Tourists
The income of hotels in Bulgaria in March grew by 9.9% and reached BGN 32.9 M, year-on-year, mostly thanks to local tourists, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
The growth of income from Bulgarian tourists was 20.1%, even though they stayed in hotels of lower categories and for a shorter period, compared to foreign tourists.
The overnight stays in hotels of one or two stars have increased by 20%, compared to March 2013.
The overall occupancy of hotel rooms in March 2014 was 21.2%, the highest being in the preferred by foreign tourists four and five star hotels – 30.1%.
Year-on-year, the overall occupancy grew by 1.2%, in spite the 4.9% increase in the number of beds. A little over 333 000 people stayed in hotels in March, of them 71.7% were Bulgarians.
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Minister Expects 5 % Rise in French Tourists to Bulgaria after Louvre Exhibition
- » Bulgarian Tourist Attractions to Appear in Online Register
- » Minister Expects Increase of Last Minute Russian Tourists to Bulgaria
- » FAZ: Bulgaria, Turkey 'Best Holiday Bargains in Europe'
- » Minister to Launch Campaigns on Stimulating Bulgaria's Domestic Tourism