Landslide Victory for Federalists in Luhansk
According to preliminary counts, between 94 and 98 percent of voters in Ukraine's Luhansk region have voted for self-rule in Sunday's referendum.
"Since this morning, 28 territorial committees have been counted, and we are waiting for statistics from territorial committees from difficult regions, but according to preliminary data, 94 to 98 percent have voted for independence of the Luhansk People's Republic", the head of the local Elections Committee Alexander Malykhin stated, cited by RIA Novosti.
The voter turnout in the Luhansk referendum was reported at around 79%.
In the other referendum in Donetsk, just below 90% of the ballots went in favor of an autonomous Donetsk People's Republic, according to preliminary statistics.
- » Saudi-Led Campaign Targets Rebel Positions in Yemen’s Capital
- » Lubitz's Mental Health: Just One of Several Leads in Germanwings Plane Crash Inquiry
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Wanted to Make His Name Known Worldwide