Landslide Victory for Federalists in Luhansk
According to preliminary counts, between 94 and 98 percent of voters in Ukraine's Luhansk region have voted for self-rule in Sunday's referendum.
"Since this morning, 28 territorial committees have been counted, and we are waiting for statistics from territorial committees from difficult regions, but according to preliminary data, 94 to 98 percent have voted for independence of the Luhansk People's Republic", the head of the local Elections Committee Alexander Malykhin stated, cited by RIA Novosti.
The voter turnout in the Luhansk referendum was reported at around 79%.
In the other referendum in Donetsk, just below 90% of the ballots went in favor of an autonomous Donetsk People's Republic, according to preliminary statistics.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot