Landslide Victory for Federalists in Luhansk
According to preliminary counts, between 94 and 98 percent of voters in Ukraine's Luhansk region have voted for self-rule in Sunday's referendum.
"Since this morning, 28 territorial committees have been counted, and we are waiting for statistics from territorial committees from difficult regions, but according to preliminary data, 94 to 98 percent have voted for independence of the Luhansk People's Republic", the head of the local Elections Committee Alexander Malykhin stated, cited by RIA Novosti.
The voter turnout in the Luhansk referendum was reported at around 79%.
In the other referendum in Donetsk, just below 90% of the ballots went in favor of an autonomous Donetsk People's Republic, according to preliminary statistics.
- » The EU Estimated the Price for Brexit: EUR 52 Billion
- » Jennifer Lopez made a Donation after the Disaster in Puerto Rico
- » The Brother of Pablo Escobar Demands USD 1 Billion from Netflix for Narcos Series
- » Ralph Fiennes Acquired Serbian Citizenship
- » Russian General Died in Syria
- » The US Restricts the Access of Citizens from DPRK, Iran and Venezuela