Bulgaria’s M-Tel Raises BGN 50,000 in Foster Care Campaign
Bulgaria's largest telecom M-Tel gathered BGN 50,000 for supporting foster families in its campaign "Adopt a child. Create a future".
The funds were raised through SMS, bank transfers, and donations in the special boxes at each M-Tel store across the country.
Foster families of 200 children will receive a BGN 200 aid from the funds, while those caring for children with disabilities will receive BGN 300. The rest of the money will be used for organizing a national conference of foster parents, which will take place in Sofia 16 – 18 May.
As of January, 1,700 children have been registered in foster homes. M-Tel hopes to promote the adoption of children in Bulgaria through this campaign, which it holds for a second straight year.
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
- » Bulgaria Dropped 20 Positions in World Press Freedom Index in 2 Years
- » Bulgarians Are Among People Who Hate Their Government
- » Bulgaria Sets 2015 Poverty Line At BGN 286