Bulgaria’s M-Tel Raises BGN 50,000 in Foster Care Campaign
Bulgaria's largest telecom M-Tel gathered BGN 50,000 for supporting foster families in its campaign "Adopt a child. Create a future".
The funds were raised through SMS, bank transfers, and donations in the special boxes at each M-Tel store across the country.
Foster families of 200 children will receive a BGN 200 aid from the funds, while those caring for children with disabilities will receive BGN 300. The rest of the money will be used for organizing a national conference of foster parents, which will take place in Sofia 16 – 18 May.
As of January, 1,700 children have been registered in foster homes. M-Tel hopes to promote the adoption of children in Bulgaria through this campaign, which it holds for a second straight year.
- » Fifteen Dead After Bulgarian Ammo Plant Explosion - Officials
- » 'New Product' Tested at Midzhur Ammo Plant on Day of Explosion
- » Bulgaria Declares October 3 National Day of Mourning over Ammo Plant Blast
- » Chief Prosecutor to Personally Investigate Gorni Lom Ammo Plant Blast
- » Specially Equipped Team to Enter Site of Explosion in NW Bulgaria
- » Explosion-Hit Explosives Plant in NW Bulgaria Functioned Despite Numerous Penalty Notices