Bulgaria’s M-Tel Raises BGN 50,000 in Foster Care Campaign
Bulgaria's largest telecom M-Tel gathered BGN 50,000 for supporting foster families in its campaign "Adopt a child. Create a future".
The funds were raised through SMS, bank transfers, and donations in the special boxes at each M-Tel store across the country.
Foster families of 200 children will receive a BGN 200 aid from the funds, while those caring for children with disabilities will receive BGN 300. The rest of the money will be used for organizing a national conference of foster parents, which will take place in Sofia 16 – 18 May.
As of January, 1,700 children have been registered in foster homes. M-Tel hopes to promote the adoption of children in Bulgaria through this campaign, which it holds for a second straight year.
- » Bulgaria's The Sinking of Sozopol Gets Seven Nominations at New York City International Film Festival
- » Greece Looking for Bulgarian Girl that Disappeared in Athens
- » 118 Workplace Deaths, 2807 Occupational Injuries Registered in Bulgaria in 2014
- » Eco Ministry Advises Tsarevo Authorities on Removing Concrete along Sand Dunes
- » UN Children's Fund Opens Youth Center in Bulgaria's Sliven
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home